“WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH !!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Stone Gable Inn

Stone Gable Inn
Ranked #38 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH !!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Worst Place I have ever dealt with in my LIFE!!! I pre-paid for the room and when I arrived they where unaware I have even booked with them... The Staff was Rude and full of discourtesy ... the room had NO BATHROOM DOOR???? And mystery stains on the carpets... walls Unpainted... I wouldn't recommend they even be in business let alone be allowed to offer rooms to the PUBLIC ... The only reason I booked this place was because of the misleading booking.com pictures!!! We did not stay at the Stone and Gable Inn after seeing these Horrible conditions and rude staff .... After I was told by the Woman in the office I would receive a refund in 4 days ...I have been forced to call every week for a month and every time being repeatedly asked my Name and number to have the owner call back and have received NO CALL BACK AND NO REFUND!!! The last call I was told Quote "I don't have time for this Call The police!" then she hung up ... BUYERS BEWARE **** DO NOT STAY HERE ****

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Matt P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Nasty, bathroom cigarette butts & ashes all over toilet, smoke detector covered with plastic sandwich bag, when I went to take bag off whole thing came down not even connected or battery back up shower /small Poland spring bottle left in bathroom with some yellow tanish colored liquid

• Stayed July 2014

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We checked in to this place and went rite to our room and o my god they put us I. A smoking room it smelled so bad. We looked around the room and walked rite out. We where so afraid if we stay there we would have got bed but or something ekes. We went rite down to the office and told them we where not going to stay there and I wanted my money back. At first they where not going to give us our money back until I said I was going to call the local Heath inspector on them. Over all I rate them -100. I tell you don't book with them. If you do you will go home with something I don't think you want.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Davcrydom
Nantucket, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Dear Readers, Do NOT go here! I booked online and stayed this past weekend at this atrocious pit. The room and bathroom were filthy, with hairs from other guests all over the sink and bathroom floor. The bathroom floor itself was sticky and dirty beyond belief! Cigarette burn marks dotted the bathtub and the towel holding fixture fell off the wall when I reached for a flimsy bath towel which as also used and filthy! The smoke alarm was dangling from the ceiling on its wire, an actual code safety issue! The bedding was not washed and had cigarette burn marks and holes in the comforter. When I tried to close the curtains to the outside window, the entire curtain rod fixture came off the wall and fell on me! People, I couldn't make this up! The microwave was so encrusted with with crud I doubt it has ever been cleaned. The outlets in the walls had no fixtures...every surface was sticky and dirty...and the room had a very overpowering stench to it, like it had been dipped in chemicals to try and bomb out insects or some type of vermin. I paid cash and yet my credit card has also been charged! This has happened to other people as well! This is one of the WORST experiences I have ever had anywhere in the world! And I have stayed in pretty lousy places! I am now in the process of trying to get my double charge reversed and and going to ask for a complete refund! This place is a disgrace, it should be condemned! I do not want any of you to have to waste or lose your hard earned money on a place that makes a prison cell look more palatable literally. I am loathe to give the Stone Gable Inn any stars!

Room Tip: Do not choose ANY room here! You would be better off sleeping in a tent! And I am serious!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SallyReeding
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I checked in this hotel with my wife and one of my kids on August 9, 2013.
I would suggest any traveller to get away from this hotel.
It is a pity one, with outdated furnitures and overall, that owners should reconsider renovation.
carpet in our room was all but dirty, and the bathroom was really really durty! seals were black and bathroom and water closet were yellow faded...
there was only one towel and very poor soap in the bathroom.
The worst was that even though it was written on the room door that it was a non smoking room, their was a a smell of stale smoke everywhere from curtains to walls to bathrooms in the room...
In any case, I think the price we paid (118.75$ for one night) was not appropriate with the very poor quality of service.
The only good thing was that we came from France the same day, to pick up one of our son at his summer school, so we had to stop by this place which was pretty close from his school.
But again, should you need to book an hotel in the region, you would want to avoid this one!
PS : I read that some people had the chance to get a breakfast. Well knowing the general state of this hotel, we prefered to get breakfast somewhere else...

Room Tip: if you have not choice but to stay in this hotel, avoid to stay in the rooms closed to the road, whe...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ilan L
Rochester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

We booked on line, showed up at the hotel to see the place. The photos look so much better on line than in person. The room smelled, all the furniture looked like it was about to bust at any second. Bed was filthy! Bathroom smelled and was so disgusting! We decided we were not going to stay there, so we told the older woman at the front desk. She immediately started yelling at us saying we could not cancel, that she turned away people because we booked the room! What a rude woman! We were not about to stay in these conditions, let alone be yelled at by someone because we were making a decision not to stay there! GROSS conditions! Don't even waste your time!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 29karen
Worcester, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I were looking for an inexpensive place to stay for just one night before moving on to our destination. This was a last minute trip so choices were slim. We booked a room at the Stone Gable Inn for $97 (tax inc.) The sign reads $59 + up. I am sure that price is for the off season and still not worth it. BTW, this is not really an inn, but an economy motel. Let's call it for what it is. It is amazing what proprietor's are able to get away with peak season. The room was no larger than a dorm room with a double bed. The linens were bleached white and clean but the indoor/outdoor carpeting needed a good cleaning, covered with stains. For someone allergic to mold, this would be a death-trap. The bottom of the shower curtain and the shower fixtures were covered with mold. It appeared that the toilet bowl had not been scrubbed. This was the first place I ever stayed that offered only one complimentary soap, plus shampoo. No tissues. The ammenities include a fridge, which was in decent working order and a microwave but no coffee maker nor any complementary coffee in the office. The bed was very uncomfortable with pillows as thick as a sandwich bag. I've learned my lesson booking last minute trips during peak season. Either I will not bother or spend a few extra bucks to stay at a chain. Obviously some local businesses take no pride in their establishment or can't afford to keep up with the competition.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CATS1999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Hampton Village Resort
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#10 of 17 in Portsmouth
Hampshire Inn Conference Center

Been to Stone Gable Inn? Share your experiences!