“Horrible”
Review of Dolphyn Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Dolphyn Motel
Ranked #33 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
“Horrible”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I stayed at the Dolphyn motel the other day and the old lady that owns it didnt even know how to use my credit card, she had to wait until someone came to help her. She told me the rate and then charged me 20 over. She was very confused and could not remember things that she said. She told us we could pay later so she gave us a key so we could put our stuff in. Later on in the day we were taking a nap and the old lady knocked once on the door, didnt wait for an answer, then barged in on us, asking for the money. I woke up the next morning with bites everywhere from the bedbugs. While checking out she gave a family that was just checking in keys to a room that was already occupied, so the people in that room were barged in on as well. The room was tiny, the toilet didnt flush, and from observation each door is able to be opened with one key. So the people next door to you have access to your room. There is no latch on the door either.

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank beach642

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hampton N.H.
Reviewed 29 September 2009

The rooms are very aged and dark. Lighting very poor. Showers only work with minimal water force. Old lady Ada is getting senile. She accuses you of doing things that weren't done. She thinks your stealing from her . Pool is never clean. She charges too much for this dump. I would never reccomend this motel to anyone. Also when there I got bites all over my legs. Probably bedbugs in their 20 yr old mattresses.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
7 Thank NuttyIam
ct
Reviewed 7 July 2008

We got concert tickets for the 4th of July weekend, and waited until the last minute to book accomodations. After we booked it, we read the previous review that mention bed bugs. So, we spent the time leading up to our stay in a panic about what we would find when we arrived.

As soon as we pulled in, we breathed a huge sigh of relief. It is a well-kept, if somewhat old fashioned, establishment. The woman who owns it seems a little odd, but very nice. Our room was clean, although tiny. We were very happy with the location, an easy walk to the beach, restaurants, Hampton Ballroom and Casino, and a little waterpark (which I would recommend the Cannonbowl, it's worth the extra money.) The only negative, is that the pool. It looked ok, but not fantastic.

We were pleasantly surprised with the whole experience, had a great time, would go back.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — the size of the room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
5 Thank dj2412
mass
Reviewed 18 July 2006

Stayed at this motel for three nights at the end of june, during my stay i awoke with bites on my arms and legs. when i returned home i went to the doctors and was told they were bed bug bites. I called the motel and spoke to the owner to report the incident, she said i probably got the bites on the beach, i told her i was not on the beach i layed out at the motel pool. The motel is located on ashworth blvd across from farrs chicken. Would like to know if anyone else encounterd any problems during their stay.

please be advised.