“Worse Nightmare” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Selkirk ny
“Worse Nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

It was my first time there...so it was a last minute thing. Couldn't get the room until 3:30 got to the room and the door looked like it was busted in a few times...took a few times to get the lock to work...the cabinet doors were falling off, the bed was hard as a rock and the pillows had a yellow tint to them....the bathroom walls were peeling and Spiders all over the wall. After a few hundred mile trip you want to take a nice hot shower..well, take a shower before everyone else does because there was no HOT water. If your Military or Retired Military dont go! they pissed me off when they told me they dont believe in Military or giving a Discount...if There was anyplace else to go I would have left. I paid 253.00 for two nights and it was a Nightmare. Please dont waste your time here...There are plenty of places to stay...just dont do it here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Another great year at the Flagship and Hampton Beach NH...this was our 12th year here and we are planning on being there next year as well. We rent anywhere from 5-9 kitchenettes each year. Every year there is something new added to the hotel to make things easier and nicer. The managers are always very pleasant and helpful. Looking forward to next year

Room Tip: We always take the kitchenettes...they are roomier and are only 2 floors high. They also face the co...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Laval, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

It was my first time at that place. It has been a really great week-end. We rent two rooms for the labor day week-end. We were able to make our selves a big bbq diner in the garden, which was a very nice night.
We had a Kitchenet in our room. Everything was clean and we had no problem at all! It's not a 5-stars hotel so people who are complaining are really rude. The personnel are very kind. We will go back there next year for sure!
One of our friend went to Blue Jay Hotel, one of the best review of Hampton Beach, and he was jealous of our hotel and he preferred to spend time at Flagship hotel! The room at Flagship are way more spacious.
Try it!!!

Room Tip: Chose the garden side!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Bermuda
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Room was not ready upon arrival, so we decided to walk towards the beach and Casino Ballroom. We booked a queen bedded room and were given a room on the third floor with two beds, one dresser, but no closet. The towel bar had hangers for our clothing. It was a spacious room with microwave, small fridge which we had requested. Table and two chairs also. Exposed pipes over the bathroom shower some renovations had been carried out. Bath towels were dingy and stained. The telephone and internet did not work at all. We obtained extra towels and pillows from the Front Desk. The beds were comfortable for sleeping, no drapes only valances and no ice machine on premises. There is a grocer and gas station near by.

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor spacious, but would have preferred first floor room less walking
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

My boyfriend & I stayed here for two nights in July, and overall, we were both happy with it. From the majority of reviews I read beforehand, I was feeling a bit skeptical, but decided to go for it based on the price. I was pleasantly surprised. It's certainly not perfect by any means, but it was quaint, comfortable, and clean. The courtyard was charming, and the pool was warm and clean. The staff was friendly and provided clean towels, etc. Our only issue was that we wanted to relax and watch TV our last night there, and we only got 4 channels. The hotel claims there is cable TV, so that was a bit of a disappointment. Then again, we weren't there to watch TV. All in all, we had a nice stay!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Fredericton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We were looking for a reasonably-priced place to stay for the night on our way to our vacation destination - should have paid a bit more for a clean room somewhere else. Dirty towels and facecloths laying around in bathroom & kitchenette. Bathroom had lots of mold and mildew, and toothpaste was smeared on the counter top.
The one plus was having a picnic table and barbecue right outside our door - the less time we had to spend in the room, the better!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Worcester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

July 2012: I couldn't even stay in the room after I checked in, it grossed me out so much, I was continually nauseated. I couldn't sleep and then at 1am (and I wouldn't let the kids climb into the bed infested with what looked like bed bugs, I couldn't tell the lighting was so bad), the toilet overflowed after my son used it and spilled all over the bathroom. We called the motel and then called their emergency number and no one responded. In the middle of the night we packed up the family and had to find another place to stay. When we talked to the owners the next day, they refused to give us a new room stating: "you need to let us know about this." We told them that we called the numbers and that they didn't answer, they told us that they didn't get the calls. OMG! I requested a refund, they refused. I could not stay there for the rest of my stay. We stayed at another hotel on ocean blvd and were so glad to feel clean and safe. Just thinking about that hotel makes me queasy. Another thing: the first day that we were there, we turned on the air con and it smelled, the refrig smelled really bad and the room was very dirty. When we came back to our room later in the day, our ac had been unplugged (someone had come in while we where away and unplugged it obviously) when I asked the front desk, they denied entering our room, I felt violated. There is not enough room to write about how disgusting this motel was and how rude and obnoxious the owners were. It is not worth the money and for the same price (give or take 30 dollars a nite) there are hotels all over the place that are a million times better. I would not let my worst enemy stay here. So Disgusting and just gross. Terrible does not even describe its rating. I called the health department to cite this place (I told the owners I would and they said "I don't care.")

Room Tip: There is no good room. The property is in shambles from the plumbing to the furniture and decor. You...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family