“Another great Labor Day Weekend”

Flagship Motor Court
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
“Another great Labor Day Weekend”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is the 13th year that we stay here. Every year there is an upgrade and this year was new vanities in the bathrooms and new counters in the kitchenette. Will be here again next year. Very family oriented with the courtyard having charcoal grill area and gas grills and picnic tables.

Room Tip: Have never stayed in the hotel rooms always rent the kitchenette on first floor.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tampico, Mexico
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The room next to us had at least 6 people sitting outside their door. They were very loud and were playing a boom box very loud until way after 2:30 am. I called the office and called their cell phone number provided on their voice mail. No one responded. I opened my door and I could touch these people they were so close to our door. When I asked them to be quiet so we could sleep, they invited me out to drink with them. Very Scary!! They continued another hour or so with the loud noise. We did not get any rest! The management is very difficult to reach. They will not answer their phones or return calls. Their office was not manned until late morning. I called again in the morning to complain - still no one answered the phone and I expressed I wanted to talk to someone before we left. We had paid $247 for the room and we were very unhappy. I went o the office and it was all locked up at 8:30 in the morning. l noticed an intercom and pushed the button 2 times. No response. I talked into the intercom explaining this problem and that we paid too much to not even be able to sleep most of the night. The room was dirty, I found candy wrappers and dirt under the bed. It was pretty disgusting. Finally someone called me back at the same time I was in the parking lot so I walked toward the office and found the women who was talking to me on the phone was standing at the entrance to the office. She complained that she needed to sleep too. She needed her rest, they had been very busy. She said she would not do anything for me. They could not refund our money or reduce the price for our inconvenience. She said they only make money for a short period during the year and they need all the money they charge. She told me I should have called the Police. She also said most of the hotels would not even rent a room for only Saturday night because then they would loose out on renting the room for 2 or 3 nights. She said I was lucky to get the room. This was during the Hampton Lobster Fest and we arranged to rent the room earlier in the day, so it was likely not to get renters for more than that Saturday night. Other people staying there looked like low rent people who live there and were not weekend guests. It was a little creepy. I told her if she was not going to make a financial adjustment then my only alternative would be to report the hotel to the Better Business Bureau, the Chamber of Commerce and post my experience online. This did not phase her. Later I saw her helping the maid clean rooms and laying sheets over the outside railing, I think to air out and possible put back on the beds without washing. This was not a very nice place, but we knew we would have to possibly take a hotel that was not as nice as the Hilton because of the weekend events and our not being able to make reservations earlier. But this hotel was truely unexceptable. I see someone else spoke about the pillows. They were strange. It felt like a folded blanket was in the pillow case instead of a pillow.
We will never go back to the Flagship Hotel again. It was a miserable experience and the highest price hotel we ever stayed in. We've paid much less for hotels in Hawaii and Europe. Icky place with extremely poor service and extremely high rates!! I am happy those loud people didn't harm us.

Room Tip: I suggest using Trip Advisor to help select a hotel before searching on your own. The Hampton Cham...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Justchargeit

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Leominster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I recently went to Hampton Beach with my girls for a few days in August. We had a room on the 3rd floor. It had a nice balcony. The room was good sized. However, the shower was very narrow. And the sink was outside of the bathroom. The air conditioning system did not work that well either.

I was unhappy that the cleaning crew only replaced the soap and towels. They didn't bother to make the beds or vacuum. they did empty the trash.

I will probably stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Lower floors are easier to get to.
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 September 2013

out of all places in New Hampshire, try to keep away from this one.Family won alright, husband and wife. No other employees to get help from. You have to ring a bell at the office and wait for ever. They are not helpful or flexible. The toilet in my room was not working and they still rented the room. They knew it was not working, because few other people told me that they were their previously. Beds are old and hard. They are falling to the floor. Rugs are filthy. Everything is old and crummy. Don't waste your time

1 Thank 859Evelyn
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Well, beds were too soft and had flat pillows. Air conditioning was VERY noisy. The BBQ's were either broken or out of gas (1 worked). There were no playgrounds for the kids. The place was clean! I asked a question to the person who worked at the front desk and felt like I was disturbing her. She wasn't very helpful. We could see about 3 inches outside the door (with the door closed) and the blinds were to small for the window, we had to put a towel to hide the inside of the room. Needs paint and repairs.

Brockton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Like other reviewers mentioned, they took a picture of the backside of the hotel that looks nicer by the picture than it really is. We thought we were in the wrong hotel at first.

This place fit us for our girls weekend away, its close to Wally's and close to the beach. The rooms weren't well maintained and like someone else mentioned the lobby was not really a lobby. I hated standing there waiting for the lady, she kept answering the phone and it took a while to get checked in. When I had a question it took a while for her to offer assistance. Just was not exactly customer service friendly.

The rooms were a good fit for us for size, the best out of the 3 hotels I have tried up there. I liked the size and the extra area with the little mini kitchen. That was cool, nice size fridge, but again the rooms are not the Marriott and not very maintained. It's better than a campground, but for the price; you are paying for the location, not the room. So keep that in mind. I went into a few hotels while we were there trying to figure out for next years weekend away and some were worse than what we were in and some looked a tad better. I would even consider staying here again because of that little extra room with the kitchen, not because of anything else.

I did not like (I will stress this) that they made you pay for parking to keep your car there on Sunday. I've stayed up at Hampton Beach before at different hotels and they had no problem you leaving your car there after check out. This place; made us pay. After spending almost $700 for two rooms for two nights for only two spots, you would think that would have been something nice to include. Their lack of compassion made me angry; the guy was just flat out rude.

In the end; we had fun because you make the vacation your vacation. We were all together, the size of the rooms were great (not the best kept rooms but worked) and we were close to everything. We did not use the pool. I don't really think you can find a great, well kept hotel up in Hampton Beach that is modern. I've been to 3 hotels that have been higher priced that I never feel the hotel is worth the money. It's the location not the hotel we are paying for. I look at tripadvisor as my guide, so who knows where we will end up next year for girls weekend away.

The size of this place works, you don't have to walk down hallways inside a place and your close to everything. If they just put more effort into customer service (didn't nickel and dime you) and keeping the place better maintained they would have repeat business.. like me and my friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank bstnldy
Manchester, Vermont
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Photos and descriptions on webpage are deceiving. Arrived to find only one parking space for our three cars/rooms. Lobby isn't even a lobby and again-take your credit card out of sight to do the charges.
Noisy, people yelling and swearing on the second floor-yelling at drunk (during the day) guys lounging on small grassy picnic area downstairs. Picnic table on patio outside door so there is no privacy unless you immediately close your shades. Walked into room to find dirty towel on towel rack, tp holder missing and fan cover missing--oh wait-they were in the bathroom under the sink. Filthy AC filter, plugs on and over counter for fridge, dirty carpet and outdated tv with minimal channels. Called 3 times for wifi--they called us back 3 hours later ... NEVER stay here again. Two other rooms we had were even worse with blood on toilets, filthy carpets, broken AC-cardboard with pen written on it for fan speeds and missing nobs.
NO noise control-drunken guests bothering us at picnic tables directly outside guest doors, smoke goes right into ac--no hotel owner in sight---UGH