“Great Stay!”

Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Dalton, Massachusetts
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I have never been disappointed at the Pelham! It is a top of the line Motel. The owners go above and beyond to make your stay memorable. The balcony rooms have an amazing view, the hotel is located in an ideal location central to all activities on Ocean Boulevard. I recommend the Pelham to everyone. I look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed May 2014

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Houlton, Maine
Reviewed 19 May 2014

When i walked into room, i was impressed. We were not expecting the suite, that we walked into, it made our stay so much more enjoyable. Clean, spacious, excellent for two couples! Very close and convenient to everything. Rooms were good size as well as bathroom. we stayed the 2nd weekend of may and look forward to coming back in years to come. Thank you for great weekend!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Here are some great ideas that you should use when pipes burst and close your hotel:
1. Call your future reserved guests as soon as possible to let them know (don't wait till 7:50pm the night before their arrival and say you have been walking around in wet clothes all day)
2, Offer to make alternative arrangements at another hotel (don't just give them phone numbers to make their own arrangements)
3. Contact other mom and pop motels in the area to see if they would extend your rates for your customers as a gesture of good will. They may understand your plight and maybe even reciprocate someday if they have problems. Or offer to pay the difference between your prices and theirs (don't say you can't do that)
This might make you some loyal customers, instead of making them turn away in disgust and write terrible reviews on Trip Advisor. It's ALL about the customer service. Won't ever be back, sorry.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank GirlScoutLeader346

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We spent Labor Day weekend at the Pelham Resort Hotel. In my opinion it is hard to find a good hotel at Hampton Beach as the choices are older and out dated. The Pelham is no different, but as long as you have proper expectations it can be a fun place to stay. I had questions about the hotel before my stay and the owner was very quick to reply via email, a real plus in my opinion.

Pros
-- Location, The Motel is right on the Boulavard across from the kids playground and beach. It is within walking distance to everything.
-- Room Amenities - We had a kitchenette which meant we had a refrigerator to put drinks and snacks in, big savings compared to buying at the beach,
-- Staff was friendly
-- Includes a very limited breakfast of Donuts/Pastries Orange Juice/Coffee (Not sensational but saves on making something in room or going out for breakfast)

Cons
-- Mattress was uncomfortable and pillows were flat.
-- Parking is a couple blocks away, not that far but an inconvenience if you you need to run out to the car
-- Room was small for four people. The owner did tell me this when speaking to him. We had a double and a pull out sofa. Our particular room would have been a good size for a couple, but tight for a family of four. The hotel does have multiple size rooms.

Overall I would not highly recommend this Motel, nor would I suggest you not stay there. If location is important to you this might be a good choice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jrannis
Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have to say that our room was spotless. The hotel definitely needs a lot of updating and there are no extras at all. No microwave, coffee pot, no telephone. There was an iron, but no ironing board.The room was not really small, but not really big either.
We have already had a couple of bad experiences at Hampton, so the fact that the room was clean meant a lot to us. Their was a side window where we could sit and see the ocean, one at a time because the bed left only enough room for one chair. It did have an air conditioner. That was good because when you open the window you get lots of fresh POLLUTED air. Not a bad place to stay if you plan to be out a lot. I guess I got spoiled at the Norseman in Ogunquit and Lafayettes in Wells. For around the same amount of money you had a bigger room, with two queen beds, table and 2 chairs, microwave, fridge, iron and ironing board, telephone, plenty of clean towels and other small extras. In the main building there is a heated swimming pool and a Jacuzzi. Also there are washers and dryers to clean your clothes. The staff is very congenial at both hotels. Both of those hotels are right on the water, not across the street. I would stay at the Pelham again if need be because of the cleanliness, but will look for a better place that is more concerned about pleasing their customers. Probably try to get back to Wells Beach if my daughter will agree.

Room Tip: Make plans and reservations early and stay in a bigger, better room if possible. There were only two...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank terripr
Needham, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This hotel is a three story hotel with an outdoor pool. We stayed in a two dbl bed room toward the back of the property, we could see the boardwalk and some beach and ocean but the rooms need updating. I imagine a lot of the places along the beach are the same as they all run the same prices. Not horrible but not great either. The patio sitting area is the best part of the hotel very spacious and a fabulous place to people watch. Location is awesome just a short stroll to the Casino Ballroom. I recommend The Purple Urchin for a nice dinner and drinks while we listened to the free concert at the Seashell Arena.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Deb J
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My favorite room is on the left side right directly back to the office comfortable plenty of room my own entry I just loved it and I would go there from here until the end of my life thank you palham inn for being there for me and my family you guys gave us a wonderful experience for 3 days that we were there. we r ready to book it again see you soon

• Stayed June 2013