“Beach across the road, allows pets, away from the crowds”

Seascape Inn at Plaice Cove
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Seascape Inn is a comfortable and friendly establishment. It's not easy to find a hotel near the beach that allows dogs, so this place was a welcome find! There is beach access immediately across the road, along with a nice park with benches. My Dad and I walked the beach in the morning and it was beautiful. The rooms were basic, clean, the shower worked fine. Continental breakfast in the morning was muffins, doughnuts, etc. The owner was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank VermonteronVacation
There are newer reviews for Seascape Inn at Plaice Cove

Reviewed 15 September 2011

My wife selected this place for our family trip to Hampton Beach; unfortunately the hotel was the worst part of our trip. The rooms were furnished with thrift store furniture, old sagging mattress and garage sale and chairs. They gave us a room right next to a bachelor party. One night the bachelor party had a truck in the parking lot blasting music to 2AM, I finally had to go out and break up the party after my kids woke up. Then the room air conditioner broke the next day. They moved us to another room, however, they never properly cleaned it and my 8 year old kid found a vibrator in the bed. What a joke, this place should be on 42nd st NYC not a family vacation spot. After I complained about the above issues the owner said he was gong to apply a $50 credit to my bill. To date, I have never received the credit. I called twice and left messages but they never returned my calls. Next time we are staying at the Windjammer just next door, much nicer and way more accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This motel has a good location for access to Hampton Beach, Rye Beach, Portsmouth and Kittery. Compared to other frightening looking motels in the area, the Seascape at least appears welcoming and pleasant. For the price we paid, I was disappointed with the room. I understand prices are higher at the beach, but this was really a $69/night kind of place, tops, not $125 or more. The room looked straight out of the 50's with worn bed linens. The bathroom was tiny with a very small shower stall and lots of mildew. The bathroom clearly had not been renovated in some time, nor thoroughly cleaned. There was a fabric valance on the bathroom window that had a thick layer of dust on the top. All office staff were helpful and pleasant but I would not choose to stay here again.

3  Thank Ultramatic78
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I and my mom stayed here during mid-August and overall enjoyed our stay. I had booked over the phone and asked for two beds but upon check-in discovered that I was given a room with only one bed. Julie, the reception desk worker at the time of our check-in, was very good about trying to find a solution for our problem. She offered an inflatible bed (twin sized) to use in place of the extra bed we had initially booked (there were no other rooms available during our stay to move into). She came to our room and inflated it and made it up for us, which was very helpful and kind. Other than this issue, our stay went off as expected. Clean room, non-smoking (which is a huge plus), light breakfast included... overall, great value for the money and right across the street from the beach! There are also a few places to visit within walking distance - a small grocery store for convenience items, a low-key restaurant that serves fresh seafood and other standard fare at a good price, a cute candy store that sells salt water taffy and ice-cream, a little place that sells Mexican-style fare and a surf store that also sells some gifty items. Not a bad little area and a pretty nice place to stay while poking around. Also, not far from shopping in Kittery (about 40 minutes) - big plus for me.

Room Tip: There are 2 floors... top floor has best views.
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This is a sorry excuse for a hotel. This was the worst experience at a hotel I have ever had. To start with, when I called to book the room, I was told that the hotel was on the main beach by the owner/manager: FALSE. It is about ten minutes driving distance north of the beach. So to go to the main beach in car, you would have to pay for parking (minimum $15). When I first got there around 9pm, we were not greeted by friendly staff as some reviews suggest, instead there was a post-it on the window of the office as the attached picture shows. As we went upstairs to get settled in we realized the A/C unit was not working. Not knowing who to call we stuck it out. Not only was the A/C not working but the room itself was falling apart. I was completely disgusted; lint all over the floor, paint falling off the walls. I was appalled at the room and hotel itself. The next morning, I politely went downstairs to mention to the owner/manager that the A/C was not working, to which he responded "Well, there was an emergency number you could have called." I told him I was unaware of the number and when I looked at the front again I still could not see one, just the TripAdvisor review flyer. After going upstairs and letting my boyfriend know of his comment, we proceeded to just pack our stuff and leave. As we were on our way out, the owner/manager came through the door and headed right for the A/C. He began banging it a couple of times, and when the A/C finally started he said, "wow, what a miracle." I could not believe his rude attitude. After we spent a horrible night there, the least he could do was be nice about the situation. I couldn't believe that after sweating through the night, he would come in and be so rude and obnoxious after I was very polite and nice when telling him of the situation. A manager would try to be understanding of the situation and try to find a solution and apologize, he did just the opposite. Things escalated from there after I told him he did not have to be so condescending and the minute he snapped back at me, my boyfriend came to my defense. The manager continued calling us a piece of crap (worse profanity was used) and refused to leave the room until we 'got the heck out' (Again, he used worse language and profanity). I was very uncomfortable at this point. Being a young lady and guest, I have never been yelled at and treated that way, non-the-less by a manager of a hotel. After non-stop yelling from him for about what seemed forever, my boyfriend finally managed to get him out so we could finish grabbing our bags. When he went downstairs to return the key, the manager/owner kept at it, cursing and yelling at him. All my boyfriend could do at this point was laugh and leave. I am glad to have only spent a night there. If 1 night was this horrible I can only imagine a whole vacation. Do not stay here. Avoid it at all costs. There are many other actual hotels on the beach.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sdae
Reviewed 16 August 2011

The people the best. We had our two dogs with us and they were very accommodating. The hotel was right across the street from the beach, with easy access. The room was a decent size and very clean. I've stayed in other pet-friendly hotels and not had it be so clean and the people so nice. Every morning, we were greeted with a smile, hello, coffee and danishes. I highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Nice little place, just north of the busy/noicey strip. Dog friendly (a big plus). Friendly and helpfull staff, beach just across the street. Take a walk on the beach @ 2:30 in the morning you won't regret it. We are going back in the fall. Give it a shot