“Really???”

Seascape Inn at Plaice Cove
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

When I first checked in I thought it was a cute place. I ran in dropped my bag and left to meet up with my family. When I returned back for the night I noticed what I was told I was getting a queen size bed was really a pull out sofa ok whatever so I went to take a hot shower and yeah..... No Soap!!!! I put my shoes on and went to the office to ask about this but it was locked up. Closed. I went to bed feeling a little upset that I could not even wash my hands. I got up early and drove home to shower. 154.00 Really? I went home and sent an email never got a response. I will never go there again. 154.00 for a pull out sofa and no way to wash my hands. Crazy

Stayed: July 2014
10  Thank Nancy D
There are newer reviews for Seascape Inn at Plaice Cove

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I went there for the 4 th weekend . I checkout after 1 night . I couldn't breath because of the musty / mold smell . I couldn't wait I come home and shower . " not saying it was dirty " they did offer me another room but I was disappointed and needed a shower and was scared to stay there any longer .. The neighbor came in and also said that it had heavy air ,Mold smell . :( sad day for me and my wife

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Peter A
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for anywhere close to the beach and boy is the seascape inn close! Waking up in the morning and being able to see the ocean while sipping our coffee made for the best start to the morning. The room was small but cozy and very clean. The staff is friendly, inviting and helpful (since we locked ourselves out one morning). The pricing was fair for its location. There is a beach a teo minute walk away which is amazing for people who are beach combers and there are other beaches a short drive down ocean blvd for those looking for sandier beaches. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank LivfromBoston
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This place is way over priced. However it is one of the only places still open this late in the year. Only stayed here because it was getting late in the evening. Small rooms with second hand furnishings. Tiny bathroom.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 357Kent
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We've been spending a weekend or two every summer at the Seascape Inn a Plaice Cove in Hampton for 6 or 7 years. The location is ideal--about a 2 minute walk from North Beach. Since the owner starting selling the motel rooms as "condos/vacation ownserhip units", the rooms have been freshed up with new carpeting, artwork, paint, and furnishings. But the rooms are still very small and the bathrooms are old and dingy. (Why would anhone pay $99K for a motel room?) The cramped quarters was not a big deal when the nightly rates were more economical (around $121 per night). But now the rate is $150 a night. On our most recent stay, there was no closet or clothes rack--literally nowhere to hang our clothes. When we mentioned this to the owner, "He said, "You're not supposed to wear clothes when you're on vacation." Seriously?? At that point, what were we supposed to do with the clothes we'd brought? We had to improvise and move a towel rack from the bathroom door and hang it on the curtain rod. We will be looking for other accommodations next summer.

Room Tip: The upstairs room are a little quiter, as a lot of motorcyclists, smokers, and loud people like this...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BeachLover57201
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Extremely happy with the room, price, location!I am so tired of staying at hotels around Hampton beach that are dated, cramped, dirty...The Seascape is clean, budget and pet friendly, BBQ grills available, and comfy beds with nice beachy touches to the room. I will definitely stay here again and bring my dog. Dog friendly beach nearby and scenic bike paths along the coast. Go to the Beachplumb for ice cream and Browns for fried clams, and steak for the grill from Hannafords.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank eastcoastkitty
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Reasonably priced room close to the beach. Rooms small, but clean. Quaint. "Seascaped" rooms with typical pictures and "objects des artes." Dog friendly, I don't have one. A continental breakfast of coffee, juice, grapes, cakes and muffins. A restaurant and convenience store is a block away. Good pricing. Gazebo and grills on the small patch of grass. Would return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo