“A Favorite Spot”

Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Clinton, Connecticut
“A Favorite Spot”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I grew up and moved away from the NH coastline a long time ago. For the past 14 summers, I have joined three friends, enjoying a long week-end reunion at the beach. Mostly we have stayed at the Seascape. A couple of times we tried other hotels but kept coming back to the Seascape at Plaice Cove. The people who work there are friendly and helpful. The location is excellent with a small, private beach across the street. It's close enough to walk to the state beach so that we can meet up with friends who are local to the area. There's a complimentary continental breakfast in the lobby or you can walk to a nearby restaurant for a heartier breakfast. There is a grill available for guests and a gazebo to sit under as well as other outside seating so that you can enjoy a bbq after a day at the beach. Most beach rentals are very expensive but The Seascape is quite affordable. This year we were pleasantly surprised with the updates and maintenance projects that have been happening there. A very good place, just getting better!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nancy F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The owner was super accommodating to us. We were unable to come due to the hurricane but held our room for the next year! great continental breakfast! kids had a blast on the beach. will be back! My dog also love it here!

Room Tip: don't expect the ritz..you're on the beach!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joni T
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

When I first checked in I thought it was a cute place. I ran in dropped my bag and left to meet up with my family. When I returned back for the night I noticed what I was told I was getting a queen size bed was really a pull out sofa ok whatever so I went to take a hot shower and yeah..... No Soap!!!! I put my shoes on and went to the office to ask about this but it was locked up. Closed. I went to bed feeling a little upset that I could not even wash my hands. I got up early and drove home to shower. 154.00 Really? I went home and sent an email never got a response. I will never go there again. 154.00 for a pull out sofa and no way to wash my hands. Crazy

Stayed July 2014
10 Thank Nancy D

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I went there for the 4 th weekend . I checkout after 1 night . I couldn't breath because of the musty / mold smell . I couldn't wait I come home and shower . " not saying it was dirty " they did offer me another room but I was disappointed and needed a shower and was scared to stay there any longer .. The neighbor came in and also said that it had heavy air ,Mold smell . :( sad day for me and my wife

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Peter A
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for anywhere close to the beach and boy is the seascape inn close! Waking up in the morning and being able to see the ocean while sipping our coffee made for the best start to the morning. The room was small but cozy and very clean. The staff is friendly, inviting and helpful (since we locked ourselves out one morning). The pricing was fair for its location. There is a beach a teo minute walk away which is amazing for people who are beach combers and there are other beaches a short drive down ocean blvd for those looking for sandier beaches. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank LivfromBoston
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This place is way over priced. However it is one of the only places still open this late in the year. Only stayed here because it was getting late in the evening. Small rooms with second hand furnishings. Tiny bathroom.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 357Kent
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We've been spending a weekend or two every summer at the Seascape Inn a Plaice Cove in Hampton for 6 or 7 years. The location is ideal--about a 2 minute walk from North Beach. Since the owner starting selling the motel rooms as "condos/vacation ownserhip units", the rooms have been freshed up with new carpeting, artwork, paint, and furnishings. But the rooms are still very small and the bathrooms are old and dingy. (Why would anhone pay $99K for a motel room?) The cramped quarters was not a big deal when the nightly rates were more economical (around $121 per night). But now the rate is $150 a night. On our most recent stay, there was no closet or clothes rack--literally nowhere to hang our clothes. When we mentioned this to the owner, "He said, "You're not supposed to wear clothes when you're on vacation." Seriously?? At that point, what were we supposed to do with the clothes we'd brought? We had to improvise and move a towel rack from the bathroom door and hang it on the curtain rod. We will be looking for other accommodations next summer.

Room Tip: The upstairs room are a little quiter, as a lot of motorcyclists, smokers, and loud people like this...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple