“Great place to stay in Hampton”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
The Grayhurst Hotel
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Barrington, New Hampshire
“Great place to stay in Hampton”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The Grayhurst was the perfect hotel for our weekend stay. Excellent for when seeing a show at the Hampton Beach Casino. You are literally right next door. Great place to be able to walk the beach, shop and eat. Ken, the owner was super friendly. Rooms were very clean. I would most definitely return.

Room Tip: Room 10 is a great room for a couple. Back corner so only one room abutting you and you're right...
Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Manchester, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Grayhurst three times over the last few summers and have always enjoyed my stay. While the rooms are small and modest, they are clean and well kept, plus there have been recent upgrades like new beds, flat screen TVs, plus all of the rooms have a fridge. You also cannot beat the price, especially when compared to other hotels in Hampton beach that are trashy and run down. This classic hotel is located one block from the main drag and the beach. It also directly neighbors the ballroom and arcade, which hosts concerts all through the summer. I love being able to sit on the deck and hear the show perfectly- without dealing with the crowd! It also includes free parking with your stay. The owner is friendly and will give recommendations for restaurants and the like. I feel like I'm staying at a family member's house! I'm sure I'll be back soon.

• Stayed July 2012
Seekonk, MA
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed here 04/27/13 for one evening. The location for us couldn't be better as it's directly across the street from the Ballroom/Casino and we were in Hampton beach for a concert.

I cannot comment on the apartments on the property as we were in a "general" room on the 2nd floor. (This was the only room type available as the property was just opening for the season and the other rooms weren't ready yet).

The owner, Ken is very friendly and welcoming. The room, while small, was clean with a comfortable full size bed. There is a small fridge in the room along with a microwave and plenty of drawers under the platform bed. Note that there is not a flat iron or iron board in the room, not sure if there is one available to borrow.

We would definitely stay here again but I would like to try either an apartment or suite if there is one as more than one night in this size room would be difficult for us because we like to spread out.

A friend recommended Grayhurst to us and we're glad she did. Book it, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 10 is a corner room and has 2 windows.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Grayhurst is the best place that I have stayed in Hampton Beach, NH. The beds are comfortable, clean rooms, multiple sitting area to enoy the view. Ken is awesome and it's only steps away from from the beach!
We had a deck that let us be able to sit outside when we were'nt at the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Melissa G
Willington, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I would recommend coming to grayhurst by far. Starting with Just calling Ken to set up my vacation stay was great! And then my arrival he was still the same wants to make sure you have all you need & enjoy your stay! The Grayhurst is a perfect location,, friendly service & you have all you need in your room & it's super clean. And you are sooooo close to the beach, and boardwalk for shops,resturaunts and so much more! I can't wait to go again next year!

Room Tip: 2 room suite. Suite 11
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My girlfriend and I wanted a good affordable place to stay for our little vacation. Ken was really nice, respond to email very quickly, and the place was really clean. Not new, but really clean. I would recommend to anybody!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Overall, you can't beat it! Ken was fantastic, the location couldn't be any better and the place was very clean. The room is a bit small but perfect for a couple just there to sleep. It's got a perfect beach like atmosphere. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good time!

• Stayed August 2012