“Hidden Gem”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
The Grayhurst Hotel
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
West Springfield, Massachusetts
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked the Grayhurst hotel for a parents getaway. I've been to Hampton beach 2 other times first place I stayed at was disgusting, second place was the Ashworth which is very nice. I picked the Grayhurst based on tripadvisor reviews. Let me say from the moment I called Ken was so nice and accommodating he was able to give me an apartment with a private balcony for 5 adults. The price was perfect. I was nervous about trying a new place but let me say the Grayhurst was perfect, very clean parking is super close, and Ken let us know he was available 24hrs. The balcony fit all five of us with comfort and came with chairs and a table. They have a little private well decorated patio area for guests that are staying with them they supply grills and patio furniture. Ken had everything we needed in the room and the best part was it is right across from the ballroom entrance so my husband and his friend were able to get to their concert quickly. I would highly recommend staying here and plan on coming back next year. Thank you Ken!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank MarkVicki2004

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Hampshire
Reviewed 26 July 2014

WOW, Every year we make at least 2 trips to Hampton Beach, usually to see a concert at the Club Casino, and for some reason we never thought of staying at the Grayhurst. Shame on us for not finding this great unique hotel before. Walking time to the Club Casino - 30 seconds, walking time to the beach? 60 seconds !! There are so many options for rooms, or cottage. Great decks and LARGE patio with gas grills, tables and loungers, front patio deck to relax on, sip a beverage and watch the local color walk by.... Thanks Ken for your hospitality, impeccably clean rooms and shared areas. The care you take of your hotel is refreshing and welcoming. We will be back as soon as we can!!!

Room Tip: Reserve EARLY, and Ken can help you pick what would be best for your stay.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Castawy
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had an amazing experience during my stay at The Greyhurst Hotel. I met the owner Ken as soon as I arrived and previously we spoke via e-mail and phone while booking the room. He was very friendly and accommodating. The room was fantastic and the location can't be beat. It was most importantly very clean and the beds (even the futon) was extremely comfortable. I felt at home and didn't want to leave! Not too pricey and definitely worth every penny. This is the hotel I will continue staying at for my trips to Hampton Beach. Thank you for a perfect vacation.

Room Tip: Apartment 3 was perfect
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Erica D
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Lovely accommodation with many perks. I was in town for a concert in June and stayed at the Grayhurst for one night and couldn't have been happier. The room was clean with an incredibly comfortable bed. The hotel has plenty of patio and deck space to enjoy dinner or a drink before the concert or night out. The location is right in the heart of Hampton Beach - across the street from the Casino Ballroom and less than 5 minutes from the beach. Parking is free and close. The owner is accommodating and kind. Not only would I recommend this establishment but I plan to go back next time I see a show at the Casino Ballroom.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ashley z
Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Recommend
Privacy:

Those who know me know that Hampton is my second home and I've stayed in many condos/rentals and for hotels-always The Ashworth and would have continued to do so until, I found this amazing place! Simply stated-you'd be outta your mind not to try it!

Pros: Location- It's right between the Casino ballroom (you can hear the damn shows playing from the deck! We heard Slash rock out and it sounded as if he was 10 ft away!). Parking-You get the usual one spot but it's in front of the police station. No need to worry about banged doors, misplaced garbage or walking more then 100 yards to get to your car. Cleanliness- I am a super snob about this. I don't want to worry about picking up some life-long 'gift' from a weekend away. I don't want to sensor my use of the shared balcony table while away. I especially don't want to reconsider the need of a shower based on the vibe I've gotten in some places. I worried about NONE of that at the Grayhurst. I felt comfortable inside just chilling as well as outside and visiting with the Owner, his family and/or other neighbors.
Service: one word-perfect. From check in to check out. People were patient, kind, funny and concerned about how you were enjoying yourself. It truly gave you an 'at home' feeling. The room we got was last minute (booked day I wanted to arrive), and was small but this mattered little. I wasn't looking for anything other then something clean and that had a bed. The room was/had both.
The price: Un-flipping-believable!!! I've spent more on a dinner three weeks prior (at the Castaways Seafood & Grill--not recommended by the way), then I did for TWO nights at the Grayhurst! It's a great feeling to not have to shell out 250+ per night (esp. during busy/high season)!!!
Cons: I had to leave. That is it. I can't point out anything to concern yourself with staying here. It was such a last minute score and I really hope that if you are taking the time to read this-you'll take the risk and book a few nights here. It is so worth it.

29 mins after checking out-I received a message that I had left behind my iPod. Anyone could have pocketed it (cleaning staff or office staff once it was turned it), and I would just be without it. I was called and told "Pick it up whenever, it will be here." Really?! Unheard of service at unheard of prices. Thanks for a great mini-vaca Grayhurst!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank VermontDuck
Goshen, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was our 4th year staying at the Grayhurst, and we were reminded once again of why it feels like a second home. First of all, Ken and Donna, the owners, recognized us from our previous stays and were as friendly as ever. Our favorite apartment, #5, was as pristine as usual. We had forgotten our Cribbage board, but Ken had one at the ready for us. With two kids ages 4 and 2.5, we are so thankful for the close proximity to the beach, playground and boardwalk. All of it is just steps from the hotel, and yet, when bedtime comes, you can't hear any of the noise. We are also very grateful for "Boogie Board Alley" on the premises which is a designated place to leave your beach items and rinse off so you don't bring the entire beach into the hotel room or home with you. We love Grayhurst and look forward to returning year after year!

Room Tip: Apartment #5 is just right for four people. It's two rooms- one of them is the bedroom, and the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LithiaLady
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very clean and conveniently close to the beach, restaurants and shops. We were a very late arrival and Ken called us en route to see how far away we still were, he waited for our 1 am arrival and was very pleasant about it. Ken was very accommodating with answers to all our questions, and his recommendations for restaurants were right-on! Our room was very small but cozy and extremely clean, and didn't break the budget. Since the reason for our mini vacation was the beach, we couldn't have been more pleased. The beach was very clean, with white sand and blue water, the weather was perfect, and it was literally steps away from Grayhurst Hotel. We had a great time, and left with fond memories of our first trip to Hampton Beach.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family