“Looking Forward to Returning”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
The Grayhurst Hotel
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 5 October 2010

My stay was my first time in Hampton Beach. The location is a half a block from the entrance to the beach and centrally located to restaurants and shopping. Like most of the establishments in the area, the hotel is over one hundred years old. Since I was a single, I stayed in one of the smaller single rooms, which was clean and comfortable. I looked at the larger accommodations with kitchenettes, they appeared adequately equipped for families. The new owners were gracious and accommodating and eager to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank houston21

Reviewed 29 September 2010

My husband and I have been staying at the Grayhurst for 1-2 long week-ends for the past 6 years. We have found it very welcoming and comfortable. This year when we were going to go for the seafood festival we decided to stay for a week.. We have always felt as though we were going to visit Dick and Collette(past owners) not just staying at a hotel. When we found out that the hotel had been sold we were quite concerned that it's appeal would be lost, but were very happy to see that that was not the case. The new owners, Ken and Donna are very gracious and welcoming. We enjoyed our stay as we always have and are already penciled in for next season!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank perulynn1
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I would highly recommend the Grayhurst. The rooms are older but they are exceptionally clean and the owner is very nice. It has a warm home feel and feels very safe. It is in a very good location. It's like home away from home. It is also extremely quiet in the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank ltappe11
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We plan on coming back to this location on our next trip. Although it has no pool we did not mind because we went for the shops and the beach. The smaller rooms were perfect for that one or two nite stay. The owner was very respectful and trusting. I would recommend this hotel to any person looking to get away.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dizzzydizz
Reviewed 22 April 2010

Dick and Collette provide a clean and friendly environment. The hotel location is 5 star!! It's nice and close to the beach. They also provide a hose to rinse off your feet after you return from the beach.also,nice fluffy towels are provided.the owners make you feel right at home.This hotel is in my opinion, 5 STAR!!!!!

Reviewed 23 February 2010

I listened to the TripAdvisor reviews and decided to stay at the Grayhurst for our one night in Hampton Beach with our four kids. The place was (in my opinion) cute, owners are very nice, room was just fine-- I would be very happy to stay there again. And the best part was this: the hotel is directly across the street from a major Hampton Beach concert venue and arcade. At night we couldn't hear the arcade that I recall, but it happened that Huey Lewis was playing at the concert hall. So I got to sit on my balcony and actually hear Huey Lewis live, loud and clear, while eating the lobster-shaped lollipop I'd bought earlier at a beachside candy store. It was just totally fabulous. The tickets cost a fortune, but I got it for free.

That would also be the one downside-- it stayed noisy until pretty late. I would recommend bringing earplugs if that sort of thing can bother you. But the location is very convenient, and the place has that mom-and-pop, quirky feel that's one of the things I love about New Hampshire. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Misuzu00
Reviewed 21 October 2009

Upon checking in I was charged $10 more than I was quoted over the phone, but since I didn't have the confirmation with me I could do little about it. The room was small & the space overfilled & tight. There was nothing during my stay to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank CasualDebris
grayhurst, Owner at The Grayhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2009

This guest requested the cheapest room we had. Then he complained that there was no space in the room for his computer or a desk. WE upgraded him at no extra charge to one of our biggest units. He left without showing any appreciation for the upgrade.