“What shall I say...?”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Kentville on the Ocean
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Emmen, Switzerland
“What shall I say...?”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed for only one night in this hotel in Hampton Beach. It is nicely located right at the beach and within walking distance to many of the restaurants, the casino etc. but the area is quite in the night.

We had the choice between the most expensive and the cheapest room. We took the cheapest (based on the ground floor next to the parking lot) and this was surely not the best what they had to offer. It was clean but the furnishing and the bathroom were old and musty. We were satisfied for one night but you should not choose this room, when you plan to stay more than one day in Hampton Beach. The room was also not very spacious. All in all, it was not a bad deal for 100 bucks and we had a place to sleep. The beds were okay and not too bad for this category.

Maybe you do better with one of the more expensive rooms on the upper floors. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank lubriport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location and is well managed. It is right across the street from the beach and a very quick walk to the boardwalk. The view from our room on the third floor was amazing. We also loved sitting on the front porch. The room is nothing fancy and what one might expect at Hampton Beach. However, it was clean and we didn't spend time inside the room. The nightly rate was much less than the rates at the other hotels on either side of it. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I would request a room on the third floor. However, there is no elevator so if you can't climb...
3 Thank Mondon
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Reviewed 19 August 2012

When I booked a room for 7 days 4 weeks prior to our stay, I was promised a room on the 3rd floor,
When we arrived we were given a room on the ground floor, next to the lobby. They said this was the only room available and that they didn't promise anything...
My advice: insist on a written confirmation by email or Fax when booking.
The room we ended in was very small, it smelled after a cleaning detergent, the mattress was worn down, all sank in to the middle...
This room # 8 is the only room without a balcony or possibility to sit outside.
Avoid this room unless you just seek a room with a bed and a shower near the beach.
Believe it pr not: there are even worse rooms: rooms A to D are in the basement. You can sit outside there but with the nice view of a towing garage place... All the north side rooms (two digit even numbers) look on the garage while the south side rooms (two digit odd numbers) look on the parking lot and the Ashworth hotel.
The other rooms are oceanfront and more expensive.
You see, it's all about the right room...
The lobby is nice with games on tables for rainy days and they offer free coffee, tea or SwissMiss.
The coffee however was very thin, I was glad to have brought Nescafe to add. Many guest go and get their coffee at the Jumping Jack Java nearby.
The cleaning personnel from Russia Is either slow or unable to cope with all the rooms. We twice came back from the beach at 4 p.m. to find our room not made up. The other times I asked the front desk to take care that they do it. I also had to ask them to vacuume the floor.
I have traveled a lot but never experienced that our pajamas that we left on the bed had been thrown to the floor!!! This is disgusting!
Needless to say that there was no hairdryer...
There was soap and shampoo but very cheap so I bought softsoap in the supermarket to wash my hands (never happened to me before).
Communication/media:
The WLAN is free, but works only part time, on the south side (parking lot) better than on the north.
Phone: the first phone didn't give a beep, the second seemed to work but my friends kept trying to call me and didn't get through. Neither the extension on the information sheet nor the one the owner gave me worked, they all ended on the front desk where the Bulgarian wasn't able to connect to my room....
Please be careful when you book (see above) and when you inspect the room. They give you 10 minutes, after that you get chaged the total price.
I wish you a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: There is no elevator and the staircases are very very steep. A good choice might be a room on the...
2 Thank M G

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Warren
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I have to be honest here. I've stayed at five different places now in Hampton, this one comes in probably fourth. I usually try to avoid in-season but this time I couldn't.

We literally got the last room available, ground floor just off the lobby, pretty much IN the lobby. Other than a bedroom on a moving train, the smallest room I've ever stayed in. Relatively noisy from the rooms above. Clean though. Mattress was very much sagged to a pit in the middle - that that had a lot to do with the average rating here. Bathroom was clean but difficult to use as sink had no space to put anything near it. Wireless was spotty, sometimes good, sometimes cut out and disconnect.

Location is actually very good and despite claims to the contrary we had a limited beach view.

Staff and crew was really good, very friendly and accomodating. I felt like it was overpriced for mid-week for what we had, but this was in-season and I'll admit I'm spoiled with other deals we've found. The Ashworth next door makes everybody else look like a great deal. Parking here is a little easier than some and additional spaces are available for a reasonable price, so if you're a multi-vehicle family this makes it a much better deal here than elsewhere.

Had torrential rain during our visit and the roof leaked...right into the bathroom sink. From the rust stains in the ceiling this was not a new episode, it's a problem with the deck above.

Room Tip: Every room is different and some are rather small. See the other reviews for stairs.
Albany, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We booked a king on the first floor. It was very dated furnishings which we could live with but it was also in need of some general repair; small holes in the curtains which allowed light through at night, lots of marks and broken woodwork, separating frame from the mirror in bathroom, stains on tub, etc. The room was small and the bathroom was tiny. One big issue was the bathtub didn't drain very well. It took a couple hours and quite a bit of sand was left in the bottom of the tub. The biggest issue was our a/c unit. When we arrived it worked fine but stopped working after about 2 hours. The staff said they find this to happen often in this one room and to leave it off for a couple hours. If it didn't turn back on they could swap it with another unit. I wondered why they didn't just fix it if it was a reoccurring problem. The a/c unit started up after our dinner but we had trouble a couple times during our stay. The Kentville is right across from the beach and parking was very convenient. However, we will not stay here again.

Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here the end of July for three nights. We got the last available room. It was located on the third floor. The room was small (which they informed me when I booked), but it was super clean and perfect for a couple. Full fridge and a great deck with chairs and tables overlooking the Atlantic. The price was unbeatable 149 a night for an ocean front room! The only down side was the stairs to the 3rd floor. But if you want a great view they are worth it!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Leominster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We booked in for one night and upon arrival we were informed that the hotel has NO ELEVATOR. I am a heart patient and this was a little bit of a challenge for me. The staff however was kind enough to take my suitcase up to the 3rd floor. The location is perfect and a great spot to watch the fireworks. Keep in mind the stairs are on the outside of the building and tiny little steps that wouldn't met code today. In addition there are 15 steps to each flight of stairs so if you are on the third floor it's a long haul........NOT FOR THE ELDERLY, HANDICAPPED OR HEART PATIENTS. THE ROOMS ARE SMALL AND THE BATHROOMS ARE TINY WITH NO VENT FANS. The room price was reasonable and location good, pleasant staff and parking. The Ashworth is right next door and has a super breakfast shop. Next time I think we will try another hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies with views but the third and second floor have the best views
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends