“Much Better Than I Expected”

Kentville on the Ocean
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Oxford, Massachusetts
“Much Better Than I Expected”
Reviewed 22 August 2007

I have to start by saying that I am from Massachusetts, and familiar with the Hampton Beach area, although it's been at least 12 years since I had been there last. I was apprehensive about spending 4 days in Hampton by myself, since I remember it as being such a tacky dump.

I read lots of reviews of Hampton hotels, and took them all with a grain of (sea)salt. One really has to remember what this place is. It's a very old New England beach town. The season is extremely short, and the hotels mostly very old, some of them hitting the 8 decade mark. It has not been infiltrated by chain hotels, and one has to look to find the 2 Dunkin' Donuts on Atlantic Avenue. There is a McDonald's that has been there for years, and that's about it. Finding an ATM can be difficult, there is one at the State Beach building and others hidden away in the little beach shops.

I stayed at the Kentville on the Ocean and had a beautiful view from my second floor room. I was in room 27, so my balcony was at the end, and I had a table with 3 chairs. The flowers
everywhere around the hotel were beautiful, the grounds were well kept. The front porch and lobby area looking out at the beach are fantastic and welcoming. The staff was marvelous.

My room was ok. The carpeting needs to be replaced, I walked around all the time in my flip-flops, the feeling of the carpet on my bare feet gave me the willys. The room is small, old and dated, but other than that it was relatively clean. I was there for the beach, so I didn't spend much time in my room.

Hampton Beach is what it is. I will go back. It was a very nostalgic trip for me. The place hasn't changed much in 40 years, if not longer.

• Liked — The location and the views
  • Disliked — Room needed some freshening up
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Moonface35

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Travellers also viewed these Hampton hotels
Ashworth by the Sea
#23 of 41 in Hampton
Grand View Motel
Grand View Motel
#17 of 41 in Hampton

Been to Kentville on the Ocean? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Kentville on the Ocean

Property: Kentville on the Ocean
Address: 315 Ocean Blvd, Hampton, NH 03842-3630
Region: United States > New Hampshire > Hampton
Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette
#7 On the Beach Hotel in Hampton
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Kentville on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Kentville On The Ocean Hotel Hampton