“It was clean... I'll give it that...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
The Silver Wave Motor Inn
Ranked #39 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
MA
“It was clean... I'll give it that...”
Reviewed 30 January 2009

My family and I needed a place to stay and I randomly chose this hotel...It had available rooms for our timeframe, and was in the area we wanted to be. The man at the desk who I presumed to be the owner gave rave reviews about the pool and the cleanliness of the rooms. He even took out a sample of the pool floor from a drawer to show me how they have it redone every year! (I thought that was weird.)

Our room certainly was the cleanest room I've ever encountered at Hampton Beach. It was clean, but there was nothing there! It had a bed and tv, a bathroom, and a mini fridge. There was no microwave, or deck which was really disappointing. It had a view of the building next door. It was on the third floor and there were a million stairs to climb with a super-hot hallway every day with my toddler son and all our beach gear, stroller, etc. It got old fast.

There was a tub and shower, but not enough towels (two for a family of three!). I had to keep asking for more. The shower would get really hot then really cold. It was impossible to take a relaxing shower!

My husband was commuting to and from work during the week we stayed at this hotel. The hotel only had parking spaces for half its guests!!! My husband had to leave his car keys at the desk, while one of the staff jockeyed cars around, every day in the morning and at night. It was very annoying and we did not like someone else moving our car around.

Overall, this hotel served its purpose. It gave us a clean place to sleep for the days we needed. It was beyond overpriced, and I would never stay there again.

• Liked — It was clean.
  • Disliked — Overpriced, bare room, too many stairs, no parking, no deck, odd staff
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank SandCastleQueen

Solo
Business
East Windsor, CT
Reviewed 3 September 2007

The janitor/desk person is very persuasive. Tells you how they send out their sheets for cleaning instead of just washing and how they have the best property with ocean view even though it's not on the ocean, it's the best deal around. The Ocean view was looking inbetween to buildings if you walk down the shared bacony in front of someone elses room. The room was clean although very sparce except the slider to the bacony didn't lock that well and any one could walk right in if you can't get it to lock. No phone are available either. And the price $240!
Then next night we stayed right on the beach for a grand total of $100 at the Puritan

• Disliked — the price, hard to find service-no one at the desk
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank helene1523

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels