Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$153
  • Beachfront
Ashworth by the Sea(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$118
Groupon.com
  • Pool
Atlantic Breeze Suites(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$152
Grand View Motel(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Free Internet
US$82
Travelocity
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnew englandcontinental breakfastchocolate fountainclam chowderfresh fruithard boiled eggshampton beachscallopsallow petsshort drivestayed for one nightno elevatordefinitely stay here againbed was comfortablenice staybrunchmaureen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2011

My wife and I acquired a dog friendly room. The room was tiny (but not the price) It was disappointing to find out once we got there that you are supposed to be a prisoner with your pet in the room unless your eating at their restaurant. We went to a concert at the beach for two hours and were asked to leave the following morning. I would never get a room at this hole again! You know who you are!!!!

4  Thank seeyouinhell666
MaureenMaz, Manager at Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2011

The comfort of ALL our guests is what is most important to us, and it is extremely rare that we would ever have to ask a guest to leave. When guests as well as staff are disturbed in a particular situation, then decisions for other arrangements need to be made. It is under these circumstances that a guest is asked to leave. We were quiet surprised to see this review; because in this particular situation a full night’s refund was issued (even thought this was a 3rd party reservation).
We also have a pet policy in place for the comfort and safety of all of our guests. This policy is reviewed and signed by the guest upon checking in. It is also available on our website for the review of all internet reservations. In addition, we have partnered with a local pet daycare for those rare times when a guest is unable to take their pet with them to all of their planned activities.
We believe the polices in our pet policy are set to insure an enjoyable stay for all of our guests.

Reviewed 7 May 2011

We didn't stay at the place, but we are local and went in to try the Old Salt Restaurant. The Garlic bread that they put with a lot of items was pretty good and the artichoke appetizer was good. Then I ordered the shrimp scampi and my husband got the chicken parm on pasta. True, the place's forte isn't supposed to be pasta, but the food was really mediocre to not good. My shrimp in the scampi was from the Gulf of Mexico, even though we are in the middle of New England, and it was tough from being overcooked. The pasta tasted like lemon juice was poured over it and the shrimp was bland. The highlight of my meal was taking the included garlic bread and putting bits of tomato from the pasta and eating it like bruschetta. My husband's meal was ok, he said. The marinara was too sweet and not flavorful. The chicken was just 3 hunks of chicken breasts, over fried with a hard beading.
The atmosphere was as they are shooting for, feeling like a colonial eating place. The staff was friendly enough and our server was good, although she assumed that after my husband wanted to take the rest of his meal home, that I wanted my lemon-tastic pasta home too. For the food quality and creativity, we felt the menu was over priced. We decided to get ice cream to off-set the sad meal and to not ever go back to the Old Salt.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
lamiesinn, Manager at Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2011

I’m sorry you did not get the opportunity to experience our Inn, and appreciate you taking the time to bring your dining experience to our attention. On behalf of the restaurant, I apologize that your meal did not meet your expectations and the high standards that the restaurant is well known for.
Our Inn and the restaurant are operated by a different management teams. However, we have a wonderful and close working relationship and rely on each other to cross promote the Inn and Restaurant. I have brought your comments to the attention of the restaurants management and the chef, and you can be assured that they will take your comments very seriously, and changes will be made where necessary. The restaurant is well known for and specializes in serving as much local seafood fresh from the local fisherman as possible. Unfortunately our local waters do not provide New England with shrimp and they need to purchase shrimp from other part of the world as available. It is unfortunate that your dining experience was not brought to the attention of the restaurant management the evening you where here, as they would have taken the appropriate steps necessary.
It is our hope that you will give the restaurant another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 6 May 2011

This hotel and restaurant are "first rate" while still being "old school"; a wonderful combination hard to find these days. Lamies succeeds in giving real value for $$. It is has the feel of old Yankee hospitality, but has modern (and progressive) hotelier touches such as two free bottles of water in room and free fast wifi. The rooms have character and charm, and are not overly "B&B" frilly.

The Old Salt Restaurant is dark with real wooden tables and decor. There is a formal dining room and a less formal lounge. Real Yankee wonderful. Menu is good and food is prepared with love.

Room Tip: Ask for deals on room and meal combos.
Reviewed 11 April 2011

My husband and I got married there just over a year ago and it was my fathers favorite place to dine. Friends and family stayed at the Inn and loved it's home like atmosphere.

My husband and I travel with our two dogs as often as we can and the inn always has room for them too. They welcome the dogs.

Service, both in the restaurant and at the Inn is with out a doubt the best. Everyone is extremely friendly and always willing to make your stay the best possible.

You will not be disappointed at all, especially if you stay for the Sunday brunch, it is unbelievable! Save your appetite!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Decided to stay at Lamie's due to favourable comments on TripAdvisor, and glad we did stay. Made a couple of email communications before we arrived and responses were favourable.

When we checked in, our eldest son was suffering from an illness and the desk clerk couldn't have been more helpful! We were made to feel immediately relaxed and at home - not bad considering we'd just flown in from the UK.

The room itself was a good size, with two very comfortable 4 poster beds in the room, although I thought the bathroom was a little small. The room also had complimentary water, a fridge with Microwave and a TV with a lot of cable channels (although i felt like you needed a degree in remote control-ology to understand how it works - maybe I'm getting old.....???)

The bathroom had typical toiletries in and the bath was incredibly shallow - thank goodness I only had showers. No iron / hair dryer, but all you needed to do was phone reception and they will be delivered (which they did, and immediately!) which was a good thing.

Free internet in your room and a pc in the lobby.

The whole place seems more like staying in a friend's house - the decor is very fitting for the location and history of the place.

I also managed to make use of the restaurant and the bar and would recommend both. The prices are very good for the quality delivered, although my one and only "gripe" would be that the food is delivered rather quickly between courses. The restaurant was very busy and friendly and offers specials every night. The bar was like a good old fashioned sports bar with the same menu as the restaurant.

The walls are adorned with pictures and postcards and history of the place and gives it a real homely feel. The place is also very family friendly.

There is a main road at the front of the hotel and a train line at the back. Our room was near the road, but caused no issue and I certainly didn't hear any trains coming through - don't think there would be any better or worse rooms as regards where to stay. The hotel is only 2 stories high.

Very glad we stayed there and would recommend it. Great quality for the price you pay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family