“I shall return”

Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
East Walpole, Massachusetts
“I shall return”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My wife and I the opportunity to stay at Lamies Inn on Friday, June 21 and Saturday, June 22, 2013. On arrival we were greeted at the front desk by a very lovely lady who couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. We had prearranged dinner reservations for 9:30 P.M. Saturday. She confirmed the time and unexpectedly gave us a coupon for a 10% discount in the dinning room. After check in we had lunch at The Old Salt Tavern, with another couple, we were traveling with.
The atmosphere, service, cold beverages, and food all excellent. Our room had a king size bed and was very clean and comfortable. The four of us had dinner Saturday in the restaurant. The menu verity was perfect and the food top notch. The only draw back was the waitress, she must have been having a bad day. She told us she didn't really want to be there and it showed in the service. We made the best of it and hopefully our gratuity made her feel a little better. The rest of the staff were there with smiles and a warm greeting. I want to thank all of them for making our stay so enjoyable. Ron L.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ron L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This was my 2nd stay at Lamie's Inn. It is quaint and comfortable. Most of the décor is in keeping with the character of the Inn. The staff are very nice and accommodating. It is conveniently located right in the heart of Hampton. Enjoyed having the "Return Guest" discount and room was reasonably priced.

Jan Blankenship

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jan B
Maine, US
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I liked the hotel-it was very "new England"- quaint, hospitable, exposed brick in the room, clean. I didn't eat at the restaurant so I cannot comment on that, but did have the complimentary breakfast which was okay-the atmosphere of the restaurant was very neat. My only complaint would be that the beds were small and so was the bathroom. I imagine that I was informed when I booked the room that the beds would be double/full beds, but I did not pay much attention to it, so therefore was a little disappointed when checking in- I think I am just accustomed to at least a queen size bed. The bed was comfortable despite being small. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank katie1128
Maine
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I stayed in Exeter NH for the weekend and he had received a gift card from the Old Tavern as he had not recieved good service the last time he was there on business. He wrote a letter to the manager and they sent him a $25.00 gift card. It took us 2 years to return to the area. The only complaint we had this time is they seated us at a table that was wobbly, so we moved ourselves, but a few minutes later they sat another couple at the same table. You would think they would just fix the table. The food was good though and the atmosphere was good as well.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
manchester
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed a single night as a little get away near to the ocean. Colonial style room was comfortable with a canopy bed. I liked the historical photos around the property, as they added perspective to the 18th century roots of the building. Seafood dinner was tasty at the Old Salt and the service was prompt and courteous.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank dane_the_dane
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I found Lamies on an Internet search. As a matter of fact, I found Hampton Beach, NH on the search, because I had never been to the area. It is an excelent historic hotel which is more like a B&B than a hotel. The property was old (meaning historic old) and very well kept. The grounds, and the rooms are clean and in great shape. The service was excellent. I definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a quiet, away from the crowded beach experience. The bathrooms are tiny, but absolutely fine for our purposes.

We had dinner and breakfast (included) in the Old Salt Restaurant attached to Lamies and were very happy with both.

Room Tip: We had a room at the top of the stairs and we were concerned it might be noisy...it was not at all...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DaveTexas70
Plainfield, Indiana
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We needed one night's stay before leaving New England and found the Old Salt by chance and we're glad we did. Our family had a good dinner and night's sleep before heading for the Manchester airport to fly home. We would definitely stay here again if in the area. Loved the history of the place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family