Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Marguerite Motel(Hampton)
US$141
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$153
  • Beachfront
Atlantic Breeze Suites(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$217
Ashworth by the Sea(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$168
  • Pool
US$119
Grand View Motel(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$139
  • Free Internet
US$142
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnew englandcontinental breakfastchocolate fountainclam chowderfresh fruithard boiled eggshampton beachscallopsallow petsshort drivestayed for one nightno elevatordefinitely stay here againbed was comfortablenice staybrunchmaureen
Reviewed 8 October 2013

A friend and I stayed her the night before the Smuttynose Rockfest marathon. At first I was disappointed that we weren't closer to the race but after comparing our room to the hotels at the beach I knew we made the right choice.

The room was really cute and the beds comfortable. The staff was really nice and they set up the continental breakfast early so the runners could get some coffee/ food before we left.
We saw a room at the beach at another 'hotel' and it was scary (rent by the hour type of feel) and a friend who was also near the beach said her hotel was so loud they barely slept. I wish we could have had more time to enjoy the Inn but if I go back to Hampton I'll stay here for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank laurad262
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at Lamies Inn for two nights for the Smuttynose half marathon at Hampton Beach. We were greeted with a friendly smile at the front desk. Check in was very pleasant. The Inn itself is dated. The doors to the rooms had this very 1970's colonial look. I can't describe it. The room was small, but completely clean and fine. The bathroom was clean, but teeny tiny. It didn't bother us too much, but if you are a larger person it may be an issue. You could literally sit on the toilet, brush your teeth and shave your legs at the same time (although, I can't imagine why anyone would need to do that, LOL!). It was the same size as the bathroom on our last cruise. It suits its purpose, but two people cannot fit in there at the same time, so plan accordingly. We ate in the Old Salt Tavern Saturday night and it was excellent. Our meals were very well prepared and the service was very good. I might suggest the inn invest in a beeper system for calling people when their tables are ready. Hearing "last call for Smith, party of two" over the intercom got a little annoying. I haven't heard an intercom used at a restaurant in a long time. The morning continental breakfast was good but nothing to rave about. Store bought pastries and bagels, excellent coffee, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit bowl and cereals.
We had a little issue with our climate control, but a quick trip to the front desk and it was taken care of. She even hunted down a fan for our room as they had been put into storage for the season. She was very sweet. We would definitely stay again or recommend it to a friend. The inn is very clean and the staff concerned about our comfort.

Room Tip: Put the toilet seat down, because it you knock something off the vanity it will land in the bowl.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mmdg
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Booked online with an outside service which delivered a terrible room choice
It was small and poorly appointed
No view or view was the side of a building
Cramped lavatory
Clearly In need if updating
No recourse for room change
Staff not helpful
Special,weekend was spoiled

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dr S
lamiesinn, Owner at Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Guest.
I am truly sorry that you were not happy with your room. We always make every effort to accommodate the needs of all our guest, regardless of how they make their reservations. I see from your comments that you must have been able to view some of our other rooms which were more appealing to you. I am sorry we were unable to accommodate your request to move you to a different room. I apologize that there seems to have been a misunderstanding regarding moving your room. We were unable to move you to a different room due to the property being sold out, and not because of how the reservation was made. When someone calls a hotel directly and speaks to a live representative, they are better able to reserve you a room that would fit your needs than if you made your reservation through a third party web site.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

While visiting New England and New Brunswick this summer we found Lamies and kept going back, even driving out of our way to get back to it. The rooms are wonderful, the continental breakfast are 'out of this world', the dinners are sooooooooooo great and everyone of the staff are polite, helpful and wonderful!!!! One night we had our dinner in the lounge. Food was great and our waitress, Vivian, is terrific as are all of their staff. It is a MUST place to visit if you are in the Hampton area. We definitely have this place targeted for our next New England vacation. I promise you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nita E
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My girlfriends from high school and I stayed at Lamie's Inn the weekend of the Seafood Festival and had a great visit. The room we stayed in was very clean, Maureen, the receptionist at the front desk, had a smile each time we past her by. Whatever we needed, she arranged for it with professionalism. Each day there were fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks laid out for the guests. The Old Salt is a mere walk through the lobby-we had breakfast and dinner there and the food was great. The customer service there was equal to the Inn-professional, friendly and very accomodating. I highly recommend, and being a former housekeeper at a hotel, I am picky!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends