“Great place...would definitely stay again!”

Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
ny
“Great place...would definitely stay again!”
Reviewed 27 September 2010

My husband and I frequently travel with our pet Yorkie and it is not often that we find lodging that happily accommodates pets. Not only does Lamies allow pets, but has dog friendly rooms available. Our dog friendly room was located on the 1st floor, next to the exit. The room was spotless. What a pleasent surprise, especially since I had expected the worse, i.e. smelly, carpet stained room. The bed was comfy and we slept soundly through the night. In the morning, it was great being so close to the door. Our Yorkie really appreciated it. For those traveling with pets, I would definitely recommend Lamies!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
vermont
Reviewed 19 September 2010

After carrying our luggage up the flight of steps to the second floor (no elevators), we were glad to find our room! However, once in the room . . we were surprised to find a dated looking room with artificial dusty flowers and a king sized bed that was squeezed into a very small space. The bathroom was the smallest hotel / B&B / inn bathroom we had ever seen! (It did take us a couple of minutes to find the bathroom lights, as they were located in the closet!). Also, when checking out the bathroom, there was a rolled up wet towel left on the side of the bathtub from the previous guests or housekeeping staff. My Mom noticed the stains on the rugs. We should have left then, but we stayed! Needless to say .. we won't be returning to sleep at Lamies Inn ..
However, the hidden gem to our stay was the Old Salt Tavern. The food was delicious!!!! My surf and turf, (Tavern tips and baked stuff shrimp) were appropriately cooked and served with carrots and a baked potato. My Mom's meal of broiled scallops was equally delicious! The margarita hit the spot!! Our waitress, Leslie (?) was delightful and offered up not only a delicious meal but excellent customer service!!

So, we highly recommed you stop at the Old Salt Tavern, but afterwards . . find a different place to lay your head for the night!

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank gailtg
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Just returned from overnight stay at Lamies Inn. Wanted a clean, comfortable, and restful place to stay overnight while visiting Hampton beach. Found all these things at Lamies. Beth greeted us and Maureen guided us on our first and NOT last stay.
The room was immaculate, quiet, and very comfortable. Room had 2 double beds, even though it is old was in very good condition. We have tried other hotels/motels on same strip and we will not stay in them again...now that we have experienced Lamies.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Pennsville
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Having stayed at the previously reviewed Hampton Falls Inn, due to the last minute reservation and no other pet friendly rooms available at any other area hotels, this was like the Ritz Carlton!
My first contact was with Beth, who knows the concept of customer service, from her professional phone manners to the expedient follow up calls regarding expediting check in to her kindness which is genuine. Since this is of utmost importance to us, next to cleanliness, Beth could have sold us our room for $300 a night, rather than a less expensive room rate than we were paying the previous night at the above mentioned location. My sincere thanks to Beth for providing an ultimate customer service experience.
From the early and fast check in Beth accommodated, it was on to the room. What a pleasant surprise! Traveling with pets, we don't always get or expect the best rooms, thanks to less than conscientious pet owners who take advantage of the privilege of being able to stay in hotels with their pets.
The room was clean with all the amenities we needed. Our encounter with the cleaning staff was extremely pleasant and they seemed gracious to accommodate us. Even though we were in a pet friendly room, the white bedspread was white, sheets were clean, bed was comfortable, floors were clean and not stained. It was such a quaint room and just perfect or our needs, not to mention it is only a few blocks from our friend's house, so very convenient. Based on this, we hope to be able to stay again many times in the future so we can bring our two dogs with us.
The few "like to haves" would be a larger dog walking area, hair dryer (which, if I had read the information provided to me, was available on request...), better water pressure. I really couldn't have asked for much else. Such outstanding customer service and hospitality from the staff just made those things seem so trivial, they are almost not worth mentioning and would never prevent me from returning or recommending Lamies.
We also ordered steamers for take out one night which were perfectly cooked and right on time.
The complimentary continental breakfast was about what you would expect, nothing extraordinary but nothing to complain about either, fresh and plenty of choices.
Check out could have been a little smoother. It seemed we may have chosen that time when the shift changes, so may have just been a timing issue. The staff, once again, was friendly enough and very hospitable, making our stay feel very personal. For that we are thankful.
We have already raved about Lamies to our friends in the area who will certainly refer others, based upon our recommendations.
There is a potential we could relocate to the area, in which case we would also refer guests we would be unable to accommodate to Lamies.
Highly recommended for a personal, unpretentious experience!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2010

My wife and I have just returned the NH and for 5 consecutive years have staved at Lamies. Coming From Texas, we love the New England hospitality provided at the Inn as well as their restaurant the Old Salt. In addition to the history provided by the establishment, their food is the best you can find in the Northeast and is better than most in the Boston area. Their staff is focused and friendly and when leaving it's almost like leaving family. Centrally located from everything especially the ocean adds to the appeal.

• Stayed July 2010
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 April 2010

For the past 15 years, my friend and I have spent two weekends a year at Lamie's Inn. We had always been greeted with a friendly welcome, by name, and were happy with our stay. Reservations were always a joy to make as we had always been serviced by Colleen who knew exactly which rooms we liked and which we didn't (more on that later). We even received a yearly Christmas card from the inn! So, it was with surprise that when we checked in this past Friday that Colleen no longer worked there. When we inquired where she was, we were curtly told that she was no longer working there. Upon our check in, the woman at the front desk did not seem too efficient. We were not told of any monthly specials, as was always the case in the past, and were un-ceremoniously given our keys to our room, the one which we did not wish to stay in because we had previously stayed there and had complained about the shower head, which is mounted on the wall at chest level! But we didn't want to make a fuss and we stayed in the room and practiced our yoga when trying to get into a comfortable position to wash our hair. We were also only given two bath towels for two people...not very convenient when taking an evening and morning shower or for using for drying your hair. The beds, while comfortable, are four poster and the tv cabinet is placed just so the post is directly blocking the tv screen, again not very convenient. The noise level outside the window is so loud that we had to close the window to get to sleep. The smokers from the bar congregate right outside the guest rooms so not only does the noise keep you up, the smoke filters into the room. Upon check out, the woman stated that she needed our information because we were not in the system. ??? We had been staying there for 15 years and they had our information at check in plus receiving the Christmas cards at my home address I didn't really understand this request. I feel that the management has put profit over the comfort and convenience of the guests. While we always felt that we were visiting a friend's home at our previous visits, this visit made us feel like we were strangers. We had overlooked some of the downfalls of the inn in the past because we felt the hospitality more than made up for the few inconveniences but now they were not acceptable because of they way we were meant to feel. It's a shame because we always enjoyed our stay at Lamie's and dinner at The Old Salt. Unfortunately, we won't return.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank baileysmom81
lamies, Owner at Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern, responded to this review, 12 May 2010
Dear Bailysmom81:

Thank you for your comments, we take them seriously. I am sorry to hear that, after 15 years of positive experiences, your last visit did not meet the excellence you have come to know from Lamie’s Inn. The next time you join us, I would like to meet with you personally to discuss you last visit. As the Innkeeper of Lamie’s Inn for the past nine years, I strive to make sure everyone is received with a “friendly welcome”, and is treated as I would hope and expect to be treated.
We realize that Staff changes can sometimes be difficult. The comfort of our guests is the main goal of our entire Lamies Inn staff from front desk to housekeeping. I am sure the employee you referred to will continue to provide you with the service you have come to know from her in her current position within the company.

Maureen Mazurkiewicz,
InnKeeper
Sharon, Vermont
Reviewed 19 April 2010

My thoughts on Lamies are consistent with other reviews here-- nice place, congenial spot, very comfortable. I was dumb enough to leave some personal property in my room and the staff was nice enough to contact me on my cellphone to let me know and to work out arrangements for me to get the item back. So, I'd recommend the place to anyone who is in the area--- not sure that it's interesting enough to warrant a special trip, but that may be a personal choice issue.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Ashworth by the Sea
Hampton Inn & Suites Portsmouth Downtown
The OC Studio Suites
The OC Studio Suites
#11 of 41 in Hampton

Been to Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern? Share your experiences!