Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$146
Ashworth by the Sea(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$183
Marguerite Motel(Hampton)
US$141
Travelocity
US$119
Atlantic Breeze Suites(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$217
Travelocity
US$142
  • Pool
Grand View Motel(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$139
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfree breakfastbest westernscathedral ceilinghome friesindoor poolcomfortable roomswould stay here againnice roomclean hotelnice place to stayshort driveconvenient locationacross the streetnew englandoff seasonjerrysuite
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My spouse and I stayed one night on our last beach trip of the season. This hotel is within 20 minutes of the very fine beaches on Plum Island located right across the border in Massachusetts. The check-in was very pleasant. Our room was on the second floor and had a vaulted ceiling that gave a standard sized room a nice, larger feel to it. The sliding glass door doesn't go anywhere--just opens and looks onto someone's backyard, but as a devotee of fresh air I appreciated being able to use that feature. There was no screen so in any other season that might not allow for leaving the "door" open.
The beds were quite comfortable and I appreciated the duvet rather than a scratchy econo-bedspread.
The bathroom was perfectly clean and nicely stocked with the usual personal care items; the shower worked fine and the drain ran well. No complaints.
The breakfast was fine but not exceptional: cold cereal, fruit, yogurt and pre-cooked eggs, sausage and waffles. Suited me perfectly well as one does not expect the Ritz for $100/night on Route 1. The breakfast attendants kept the room clean and stocked.
All in all I was pleased that this hotel delivered just what I expected for a budget priced hotel near a busy summer-time beach area: clean room, comfortable bed, clean bathroom, plenty of breakfast choices.

Room Tip: I did not see the ground floor rooms, but the second floor rooms have a vaulted ceiling that makes the room seem larger than it is. Route 1 carries a lot of traffic and if you want an open window you should get a room further off the street.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for choosing our property. I hope we will see you again soon. On behalf of all of us here at Best Western, we wish you and yours a happy holiday season.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Stayed for three nights in October 2011 in an Executive Suite - which was superb. Well worth paying the extra over a standard room. Spacious, comfortable bed, excellent bathroom and very friendly staff.
Breakfast a bit "instant ready meal" eggs arrive ready cooked and are just heated, bacon very fatty. Overall if you want a nice breakfast, skip this and eat elsewhere.
The pool and hot tub look great - till you put your toes in the water! Freezing - they should spend some money on heating it! The hot tub was hot, but it is made of green plastic which makes the water look a strange colour. During the three days we were there, we saw nobody in the pool or hot tub.
For a place to stay - yes. For breakfast or swimming - no thanks.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Executive Suite
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveAndJuneFromLB
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Thank you for your review. We want all of our guests to feel right at home and I am very glad to hear that you found your executive room to be spacious and comfortable. I hope we will see you again very soon and I would very much value your feedback as to what you would like to see served at the complimentary buffet breakfast. All the best to you and yours and thank you for choosing Best Western.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

Was really not overall very pleased with this hotel. Some major elements were lacking. The front desk and GM were pleasant and helpful. The bed in our room was pure springs in the back and we both left miserable after 2 nights. There are no sitting areas outside what so ever! The sliding glass door was fubarred and could not open. I would give the cleanliness about a 4 for our room. The breakfast was pretty miserable honestly very faux everything. When it was closed at 9:30am the gal in charge got up and slammed the door so everyone would get the message to leave now! Location was ok very mid town.

Room Tip: get one with a new bed if they have such a thing!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Here at Best Western we strive to lead the industry in customer care and it is our goal to create an enjoyably memorable experience for all of our guests. I am very sorry to hear we did not achieve that goal during your recent visit. Please know that we are always in the process of upgrading our services and amenities and that we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your visit and I hope you will have plenty of opportunity to enjoy this year's spectacular fall foliage. Best regards.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

The Best Western Plus Inn at Hampton was a surprisingly decent stay! We stayed for just one night in late September, and the overall experience was enjoyable. Upon arrival, we noted that the hotel was directly besides a funeral home (unfortunate happenstance!); in addition, its location is not within walking distance of the beach, though there are many stores/restaurants/pharmacies in the area. There are sliding doors allowing access to the rooms directly from the parking lot, though most of these have a bar that prevents the door from opening from the outside.

The staff at the front counter was really friendly and professional, and the check-in process was very quick. The room was quite large for a smaller hotel/motel, and the furnishings seemed relatively modern. We had a king-sized bed, and the mattress was of a high quality; it was relatively firm, but very comfortable. The bathroom had a somewhat modern (and spacious!) bathtub. We were on the first floor, which was a little unnerving with the big glass door to the parking lot - it was locked, and a bar prevented it from opening, but both the bar and the lock seemed to be a little "make-shift" in a way. This would be the only complaint that I can think of about the room!

We ended up missing the breakfast, but heard that one was provided. The check-out process was simply dropping off the key. We never noticed if there was wireless internet in the room... Overall, it was good stay!

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the side of the building that does not face the funeral home; also, a second floor room is probably preferable given the sliding doors on the first floor!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Thank you for your posting, I am very glad you enjoyed your stay. Our neighbors include (amongst others) an Avis Car Rental, a miniature golf course, an Irish pub, a very nice Italian restaurant and a funeral home. We like to think we are uniquely situated for any of life’s eventualities. I hope we’ll see you again soon in Hampton. Please do take advantage of the complimentary breakfast buffet, and yes, we also offer wireless internet service free of charge to all of our guest rooms. Best regards, enjoy the fall season!

Reviewed 27 September 2011

The Best Western Inn at Hampton, NH was my choice for an overnight stay while traveling from NJ to Maine. It is only minutes from I-95, just south of Portsmouth, NH. The rooms are well appointed and clean, and the bed, while a trifle hard, was comfortable. My stay included a full buffet breakfast, with mini omelets, home fries, waffles, and bacon. Also muffins, yogurt, etc. I tried a waffle, which was cold and hard...not good. But other items were good. Hotel has an indoor pool (small) and a jacuzzi, plus free internet access in their tiny business center. The location is near several restaurants and other shops. Great choice for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

We appreciate your kind words and I want to thank you for being our guests. We strive to make every visit an enjoyable and memorable one. Should your travels bring you back to Hampton, I hope you will consider us again. Best regards.