“Always A great Time and Good Lobsters”
Review of Hampton Beach

Hampton Beach
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We have been attending the seafood festival for the last four years. We skipped last yr. This year was beautiful weather. My wife and friends got some sun burn actually from wearing tank tops. We a total of about 25 people love going there to eat the whole Lobsters. $10.00, we find that pretty cheap. So we eat it like crazy. We order a total of 30 lobsters between all of us. We also tried many of the other selectins of food. Ordered the fried clams, and almost bite into a pearl(took it out, thats what it looked like) I am sure its a rock. Since clams do not produce pearls. If I was eating the fried oysters, thaen i could have been lucky. crapes, ice cream, boston clam chowder, steamers, lobster rolls , corn, beer tent, etc. $5.00 for 13 and older, under 12 yrs free. Clean beach, they actually add or remodeled some of the area.. The bathroom was one, thye have large metal Flags Letter with the street letting you know where you are now. Better organization. The last two visits, we parked at the parking lots that are pretty close to the boardwalk where it all happens ($20.00) unless you want the free shuttle. We always drive in late friday evening after work from NYC. Priceline for hotel in Boston, as close to downtown Boston as possible. Then wake up Saturday and drive straight there, its about 55 minute drive. We stay there for about 4 hours and never stayed for the fireworks at 8:15 pm.
they also have portpotties lined up on the boardwalk.

All reviews
in 24 reviews
in 25 reviews
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 6 September 2012

What is not to love about a huge beach, great boardwalk food, entertainment, fireworks, minigolf, arcades, and cheap souvenirs. Hampton is a great getaway and I try to go every single year. Don't miss the boardwalk fries or the giant slices of pizza. And who doesn't love a dough boy. Salads and chicken wraps also exist if that is more your speed. Bands play practically every night in the summer. There are fireworks on Wednesdays. It is a great place to visit for a day, a weekend, a week or as a summer vacation (many people rent beach houses). Kittery outlet shopping in Maine is not too far away as well.

1  Thank stephb6
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My parents always brought me and my brother here when we were growing up because of all the kid friendly attractions. The older we all got the more we realized that it was getting to be really trashy and run down. However, we went there this summer and were pleasantly surprised with how well they're improving the beach. The arcades and little shops are still there, but the new bathrooms are a vast improvement and the new signage looks great. It's still Hampton Beach, but it's a better Hampton Beach 2.0 now :)

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Nice beach. Choose your accommodations carefully. In the summer, if you are thinking of sleeping late in the morning here, Fugetaboutit !. If the noise at night doesn't keep you up, The garbage truck is there to wake you up at 6 AM , along with the street sweeper, and the beach comber. Not sure if peace and quiet exist anywhere in the Hampton Beach area. So its remodeled in certain places. I've still came across a public bathroom in a well known restaurant that I wouldn't let my dog step into. In this day and age , I will never understand how any restaurants get away with a filthy, stinking bathroom.