“Not worth the hassle”
Review of Hampton Beach

Hampton Beach
“Not worth the hassle”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I thought it was a ripoff! After driving around in circles it cost me $12 to park at a meter! Then they tried to force us to single file by closing the left lane THAT GOES INTO THE PARKING LOT. I ignored the sign and kept driving around until a spot opened up. Are they kidding or what? The other lots were charging $20 to park. It used to be $10.00 then the admission fee at $8 a person? Just to walk through the crowds! The crowds were so packed it was like walking through a crowded bus. I was disappointed with the food I got. $8 for tiny little portions that don't even fill a plate! With few healthy options. Once you got the food there was no place to sit down to eat it. They did provide a place to sit but the wait in line to get in wasn't worth the wait. It was overcrowded, average tasting food, and overpriced. I think I will not go back next year. Its just not worth the hassle.

Visited September 2013

Albany, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Beautiful Beach................Clean and not crowded”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

i went to Hampton Beach over the Labor Day weekend. The beach is very clean and the people
were very friendly. Great place for seafood.

Cape Cod, MA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“The Best!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have been traveling to Hampton regularly since I was a kid. I love it! My favorite beach by far! The water is cold but the sand is always clean and the lifeguards do a great job!

Boston
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Surf NH? Beginner? Don't be nervous like I was - come to Cinnamon Rainbows”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My 8 y/o and I took a surf lesson at Cape Cod in summer of 2013 and our instructor recommended that we check out the NH surfing to keep practicing. He said to go to Cinnamon Rainbows surf shop and rent some boards and wetsuits (a must) which we did on Labor Day weekend 2013 - I was nervous about showing up at a surf spot and not knowing what I was doing, but decided to try it anyway. showed up around 20 minutes after the shop opened and the line for board and suit rentals was 15 deep but moved quickly. They outfitted my daughter and I with beginner boards and wetsuits and recommended a local break (Jennes Beach) with a sandy bottom (important if you spend a lot of time bouncing off it like me). There were probably 70 or 80 surfers in the water when we got there but 95% of them weren't any better than I was and my fear of looking like an idiot or upsetting some locals disappeared quickly. There was also plenty of room for all. The shop provided a variety of options for strapping the boards to the roof of my Accord and the staff was super friendly and not at all pretentious. I'll be back soon - I do recommend a lesson if it's your very first time - not because you're going to learn a ton, but it helps erase the notion that there's anything magical about getting up on a board.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Blackpool on steroids”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

If from UK like us and love Blackpool, then this is for you times 10. We hated it, sad as beach was nice, big and clean, but the promenade is 2 miles of kiss me quick tutt

Go up the coast to Rye beach, sorry Hampton, but not our scene