“What a great family adventure”

Applecrest Farm Orchards
New Hampshire
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“What a great family adventure”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Every fall, as a local, we loved the whole harvest thing with pick your own pumpkins, apples, hayrides. But mostly, I love the seconds during the summer on tomatoes (especially the heirlooms) and peaches. I love the ripe produce. And I am gearing up for the strawberries in a couple of weeks. And finally, no review would be complete on this place without mention of the cider donuts - and the lines prove it. Any time is good to go.

Visited May 2014

New Hampshire
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Completely Miserable Experience”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My wife and I took our young children (2 and 3 years old) here last fall. The place bills itself as a family outing in the fall with things like apple picking, pumpkin picking, petting zoo, pony rides and foodstands.

Our visit here was without a doubt the most miserable experience we've had ina veyr long time.

Here's why:

1. Too crowded. There were so many people here and so many lines that you literally couldn't move if you wanted to get near any of the events. There were horribly long lines everywhere and people bumping up against each other.

2. Smoking. The owners of Applecrest allow visitors to smoke on their property. I guess that's great if you're a smoker but seeing as we're not and we don't like to have our children inhaling second hand smoke, it was less than fun having every other person beside us here puffing away.

3. Dogs. The owners of Applecreat also allow people to bring their dogs and oh were there dogs here. there were hundreds if not in the thousands of dogs. Running all over the place, barking at people, barking at other dogs. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that mixing hundreds of strangers' dogs with hundreds of strangers little kids in a public place is a recipe for disaster. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen. What are the owners of Applecrest planning to do when they get sued because a little kid had his face bitten off on their property?

4. Expensive. Maybe you don't mind paying $16 for an apple pie or $4 for a little bottle of orange juice but we did. Everything here is ridiculously overpriced. They have pony rides for $5. They put the kid on the pony and walk him/her around a small field one time. We figured what the heck and paid the five dollars for my 2 year old son to take a ride. As soon as he was on the pony he became very distressed and upset. We took him off the pony after being on it for a total of about ten seconds and not going anywhere. We politely asked if we could have a refund. The woman conducting the pony rides very rudely told us we could not, that there were no refunds and yelled "next" right in our faces as we were standing there.

Since we went last October I am probably forgetting a few other horrible things about this place. Words cannot do justice to what a miserable and unpleasant experience it was. I would never return. Not even if the owners of this place offered to pay my mortgage for a year. That's how freaking bad it was.

WORST EVER!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DB1977
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful property setting”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I visited this farm for the first time this past september and love the litte store and the displays of the different kind of vegetables and huge pumpkings.
Great place to take kids to have fun specially during this time of the year.

Visited September 2013
NC
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“There's a reason they've been open 100 years!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We simply wanted to pick raspberries and apples and happened to go to this place on the same day they celebrated their 100th Anniversary. There was a wreck in front of their location and they just jumped in and routed people to their back entrance without batting an eyelash. They cleared the lane of brush to get people in and smiled and said "have a good day" at every turn. They were driving tractors to ferry people to the apple trees, had staff at all the locations to pick, including raspberries. The people in the store, giving out bags and pints, and the people directing traffic and directing people were all smiling and pleasant and made this a very good experience. I would definitely go back there to pick my fruit AND just to see what else they have in the store. This is the kind of family I want to spend my money with!

Visited September 2013