“Winter Fun and Midnight Madness at Crotched Mountain”
Review of Hancock Inn

Hancock Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hancock B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stoddard, New Hampshire, United States
“Winter Fun and Midnight Madness at Crotched Mountain”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We have visited the Inn on several occasions for dinner but this was our first stay. The staff was friendly' accommodating and helpful. They made us both feel right at home' even part of the family! The dining was AMAZING!! I expected the diner to be great but was really surprised and "wowed" by the delicious homemade breakfast and the attentiveness of our hosts. We can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I was a guest at this lovely, well renovated historic inn in the lovely village of Hancock. My room was tastefully decorated, comfortable and quiet. I did take advantage of the TV and cable. I enjoyed my private, recently renovated bathroom with tub. The innkeepers were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was home-made and served in a lovely room with views to the yard. I dined each night in the restaurant which retained it's homey, historic atmosphere. The menu had a wide range of offerings and I enjoyed a very good selection of wines. I will mostly certainly return when I am travelling in the area again. I can highly recommend Hancock Inn.

Room Tip: There is a wide offering of room types, sizes and amenities so select what suits you.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

I went to a wedding shower luncheon at the old inn. It was beautiful, tasteful and tasty.
Don't miss the crab cake or sticky toffee pudding.

The rooms looked lovely and the innkeepers and staff were very friendly and helpful.
As I was a guest, I can't attest to the value but I can say if in the area, I would return.

• Stayed April 2013
Francestown, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

my husband and myself go here for our anniversary every year it's our special place the staff is wonderful wine list expansive and the food a culinary delight if you have not tried it you should its wonderful The Kazanovicz

• Stayed January 2013
Seymour, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My husband and I have been taking an almost annual trip to the Hancock Inn for the past 7 years. Recently we paid our first visit since the new innkeepers, Marcia and Jarvis Coffin took over. We loved the inn before and I have to say that we are even more thrilled with it now. The improvements that have been made are fantastic. Moving the tavern to the back overlooking the courtyard with all the natural light was a welcome change. The addition of the staircase which opened up the 2nd floor landing makes the lodging common space even more inviting. And we were absolutely thrilled to know that the Shaker Cranberry Pot Roast was still on the menu and as delicious as ever. That meal along with the quaint rooms and wonderful staff including our favorite restaurant manager Andrea are what keep us visiting every chance we get.
It is hard to believe that Marcia and Jarvis have only been innkeepers for 18 months. They were welcoming, happy to have us join them and certainly cook a mighty fine breakfast. The homemade granola, applewood smoked bacon and fresh home fries left me wanting more each morning. We also enjoyed meeting Leslie, Kimberly and of course Potter. Keep up the great work. We will be visiting again for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer M
Boston
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Have stayed here in years past - recent stay with new owners was not as good. Prices have skyrocketed - small room for $160 is WAY too much. Food quality is not as good either, however I was told the same chef is cooking. Portions are smaller and food preparation and selection was not as good. We used to enjoy visiting Hancock and the Inn - in the future we will be looking for different lodgings. Wish we could report differently. Just overall very disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa P
Wesport CT
Reviewed 27 February 2013

This inn is an utterly charming, historic home away from home-- if you happened to have at your house a brilliant decorator who was also a fabulous chef. Every comfort here is thoughtfully provided, and the innkeepers and their staff offer the warmest imaginable welcome. They will remember your food preferences from one visit to the next, greet you like an old friend, and go out of their way to provide anything you could possibly desire. The town of Hancock is a picture-postcard New England beauty, and summer swimming in the lake, hiking, skiing, and all the cultural life to be had in the Peterborough area are at your fingertips. If you can tear yourself away from the inn's great food, there are many fine restaurants nearby. This is one of my family's favorite places in the world.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Helena R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hancock
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Keene
Courtyard Keene Downtown
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Peterborough
Little River Bed and Breakfast

Been to Hancock Inn? Share your experiences!