“Happy to live near this sweet place”
Review of Hancock Inn

Hancock Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Hancock
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a nice dinner in the tavern on Saturday night. The current owners of this Inn are very kind and personable, and care about making your experience a great one. I ordered the chicken, and my husband ordered his favorite, the fish and chips. This place is reliably good and we're glad to live nearby. It's small, quiet but lively,casual, and attracts a nice group of patrons.

1  Thank Chris M

Reviewed 12 January 2014

After celebrating our 25th anniversary at the Hancock Inn this year, my husband and I returned to bring together family for our daughter's 23rd birthday. As we expected, the food was incredible; the server was very attentive; and the atmosphere was lovely. In this case, we dined in a private room off the main dining room. This made my daughter's birthday that much more special. If you are looking for top-of-the-line cuisine in a beautiful historic New England inn, the Hancock Inn can't be beat. I strongly recommend it.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

An historic inn and restaurant in a picturesque New England village. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is very cozy. The proprietors are welcoming and eager for their dinner guests to have a lovely experience. I always intend to try a different dessert but their flourless chocolate torte is too scrumptious!! If you like chocolate, it is a must!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is an in-town inn. And an historic one. For decades it has been a place that served both travelers and locals. And still does.

The restaurant is actually two, sorta. A pub with a fireplace is in the rear. In the summer it opens onto a patio, the lawn, and the gardens. A more formal dining room with a fireplace provides a casually elegant atmosphere.

A pub menu - with soups, salads, comfort foods- and a more formal menu are available in both settings. You can order off either menu in either room.

Since this was a romantic weekend getaway, we opted for the dining room. And its fireplace. The pub was a great place for a before dinner drink, and chat with the owner who was tending bar. A nice wine list and a nice assortment of craft beers.

The food was magnificent. Local meats, cheeses, and maple syrup and a New England flair. Wonderfully prepared. Service was good and timely.

The staff is cheerful and friendly. The food wonderful. The atmosphere is New England casual elegance. Two wonderful dinners.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

First of all, Hancock is absolutely adorable. Its the perfect New England village. And the Hancock Inn offers the perfect New England meal. The setting was lovely, the service impeccable and the food was fantastic. I had a pumpkin ravioli to die for and the chocolate cake wasn't too shabby either. Delicious!