“Creative Vegetarian Deliciousness”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Hancock
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I was at the inn for a two day workshop. I am a vegetarian and the chef did a phenomenal job offering the most delicious meals. I was so thrilled that I can not wait to return with my husband. The others attending the workshop also really enjoyed their meals. Incredibly accommodating staff and exciting food! I can’t wait to return! I only wish I had taken the photos of these dishes before I started eating them! One was a pear salad with fresh cheese and the other was an egg over mashed potatoes, kale, mushrooms and Premarin crisps. Mmmmmm!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I had been looking forward to dinner with friends and my spouse at The Hancock Inn. I read the reviews. I also read a recent article in Edibles New Hampshire. Please don't bother. The restaurant service is poor as well as the food. The host was charming. Seating is either in the main room which is crowded and noisy or in the back of the inn near the bar which was also noisy and damp. Our server was pathetic. I asked her what was in the cocktail of the day. Her reply "Stuff." She had few insights on the menu selections nor any recommendations. A robot would have worked much better. The menu is a hodgepodge. I like eating but was stumped to find a selection that was appealing. I choose the tuna special which was flavorless as was the accompanying vegetables. My spouse choose the pot roast which was 1/2 full of fat which he discarded. (I mentioned this to the server who just looked at me with her blank stare.) The prices are NYC-level and a ripoff. Would I return to Hancock Inn? Never. Would I recommend it to others? Never.

3  Thank MarcoPro2050
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Tasteless Food--Fish did not taste well, tasteless salad, average fries. We were disappointed and do not plan to invite our friends.

2  Thank Sharon R
Reviewed 14 July 2017

My wife and I traveled from Keene, NH for dinner to learn if we should include Hancock Inn in our weekly gathering. We were disappointed in the Fish and Chips, the (tasteless) salad and uninviting chips. It will be quite some time before we return.

2  Thank tomrcks
Reviewed 5 May 2017

This Inn is very old and charming. Not pretentious. The dress attire was comfortable for any occasion. Local diners eat here too. Theatre goers, and just couples who happen in, all welcome.