“Nice little coffee shop”
Review of Umpleby's Bakery

Umpleby's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Hanover
Description: Can you please add sandwiches and/or lunch spot to your type of cuisines. Bakery is so limiting and doesn't really describe many places that sell sandwiches on homemade bread and coffee and salads etc.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice little coffee shop”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is a nice little coffee shop with outdoor seating. The prices were what you'd expect for a coffee shop and the service was fine, but the latte and chai tea latte were mediocre - something about the taste on both was just off. We were also told they have wifi, but we could not get internet access. That said, it's got a good amount of space inside, and it's a nice place to meet up with people.

Visited August 2014

Norwich, Vermont
“Old cupcake”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We come for coffee and croissant. They are great if not sold out at 9.30??? It happened 3 times and are last visit we bought cupcake. A big mistake, it was old an not eatable. Will not be back... Dirt Cowboy has fresh pastries!

Grantham, NH
“great food, poor service”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Umpleby's has excellent food --- great,freshly made sandwiches and salads and freshly baked bread. Unfortunately, the day we were there, the service was especially poor. We waited for 20 minutes for their "special of the day" ( a turkey, avocado, tomato sandwich) and watched other people who arrived after us get served before us. When our sandwich did arrive, it did not have any turkey in it, and we had to take it up to the counter so they could add the turkey. I have always loved this place, but the service was so aggravating that day --- it will take a long time for me to return and I doubt if my husband ever will.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank xcskierNH
Waterville, Maine
“Great sandwiches and tarts”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I stopped in for a late lunch today. We were blown away by the great sandwiches. The panini was excellent, the thin ham the most delicious we've had in a deli. Same with the Bertie Wooster that I got. Overflowing with turkey, greens (all very fresh, no iceberg here!), crispy bacon and apple slices.
For a sweet bite, we got two tarts: a strawberry and cussed, and a blueberry almond. Simply fantastic. Fresh and flavorful, without an excess of sugar, letting the flavors speak for themselves.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Moosepath
Burlington, Vermont
“At least the coffee was good.”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I don't like giving bad reviews so I’ll keep it short. It was busy when we arrived at approximately 11 a.m. on a Saturday but that's to be expected. We ordered 2 lattes, a danish, a croissant and a fruit tart. Both the crossaint and the danish were stale. Croissants are not supposed to be crunchy. The fruit tart was fine, probably because it came from a refrigerated case. I know 11 is kind of late for breakfast but it's called a bakery, the baked goods should be their focus. We had to wait a while for our lattes as they were behind due to so many drink orders. The lattes were pretty good and just the right temperature.

With so many options in Hanover for breakfast I don't think we'd ever go back.

• Visited January 2014