“Beautiful Hotel in Hanover, New Hampshire”
Review of Six South St Hotel

Six South St Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It was my pleasure to stay at the Six South Street Hotel in Hanover, New Hampshire from February 27th - March 2nd, 2014. I was presenting research at a conference at Dartmouth College and the room could not have been more inviting. It has a charming decor, is very comfortable, and its high speed internet connection allowed me to refine and rehearse my presentations with ease. It is very convenient to the Dartmouth campus and is in the heart of the charming village. I was made to feel very welcome; the next time I'm in town, it's the place I'll stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hello Geo S,

Thank you for your kind feedback. Many of our guests agree with you, that our location is perfect for visiting the Dartmouth College campus. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Great location! This would be a #1 in any town, not just a town with only 3 to choose from. Delightful boutique hotel atmosphere. Everything was perfect! Valet service was well worth it when the temps are below zero and they preheat the car for you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Gabbysmomva,

We appreciate the wonderful feedback. I couldn't agree with you more! Our valet parking is in a heated/air conditioned garage. While The Town of Hanover does not offer free parking, we find that our $18 daily parking fee offers great value to our guests.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Upper Valley.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We got a great deal on this place given that we traveled during the low season (January) but even at a higher rate, I would give this place 5 stars. It is very modern and clean. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the rooms well appointed. The one downside is that the hotel charges for parking, but my guess is that most in the area do. There was no breakfast included in the rate but there are plenty of options just around the corner. We only stayed one night as a layover on our way further north, but I would easily stay at this place again if I found myself in Hanover.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the E. South Street offer a nice view of a cute street.

Good afternoon DanielaFuller,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Best,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We recently visited Hanover to visit our Dartmouth College student. The location of the hotel is perfect - we could convene for dinner, walk campus, and visit without getting in the car. The hotel is well appointed with nice amenities, bedding, etc. What you would expect for a premium price. I found the staff to be a bit standoffish. We didn't have any hot water on the first morning. I complained to the front desk and they made an excuse about a large sports team that was staying there. No offer of an discount, etc. Not the kind of service I would expect for the price. So after a cold shower (mind you this is winter) I enjoyed Dartmouth Skiway, the Green, etc. Suggest you travel during less busy times unless the $250+ without hot water doesn't bother you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NewRide
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Good afternoon NewRide,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you did not feel welcomed by our staff. That is always hard to hear as we hire happy people and train them so that our guests are our priority. We will absolutely review your feedback with our staff so that we can improve. We have always prided ourselves on being known as "The Friendly Hotel" in Hanover.

You are correct, we called in the builders of our hotel along with many engineers. We discovered that 2 out of 3 of our hot water heaters were not working. I'm happy to say they have been repaired and we have plenty of hot water to go around now. If you'd like to contact me separately at Jennifer.sargent@sixsouth.com , I would be happy to discuss compensation for your poor experience.

We hope that you'll give us another chance to prove to you that we value your business.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Loved the location, loved the decor, loved the comfortable bed and clean room. There were plenty of electrical outlets, an in-room fridge, an iPod dock and a nice flat screen. Check-in was super efficient and all the staff members I talked to were friendly. The little convenience store in the lobby was much appreciated. I would go back if staying in Hanover again. A reasonable alternative to more expensive and old fashioned hotels in the area.

There were a few minor issues, though. First, they only offer valet parking. I understand that space is at a premium and valet allows for a more organized parking area. I just dislike valet parking in general. I don't like handing over my keys, not knowing where my car is and not being able to access my car at will. Next time we will park in the city garage next door. Secondly, the heating system in the room was very drying. It was a cold night and we had turned the heat on before going to sleep. Both of us woke up a couple hours later coughing because the air was so dry. I switched to a.c., pulled up the blankets and slept well the rest of the night. Lastly, the coffee maker was in a dark corner of the counter away from any sources of light. I had some trouble using it because I couldn't really gauge the water level.

None of these things would prevent me from recommending this hotel or staying there again given the opportunity.

Hello in Burlington, VT!

Thank you so much for your kind review. We're glad you enjoyed your visit to Hanover. We are actually working with our reservations system and our valet for ways to better communicate parking options. Sadly, Hanover does not offer any free parking. Our rates are competitive with the Town of Hanover garage next door. We charge $18 per day, you come and go as much as you like. The Town charges $15 and my understanding is you have to pay each time you leave and come back. The up side is that when your car is with us it is secure down below the hotel in our heated garage. That has come in very handy this winter!

Also, in the future we have a few items that guests are welcome to request at the front desk. Items include humidifiers, fans, extra lights, DVD player, and pack & plays.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

There is nothing wrong with staying at "ye olde inns", but sometimes a modern, sleek, well designed contemporary hotel fits the bill. This certainly was our experience at Six South St.
Comfortable, convenient and well appointed, there is no downside to the Six South St. experience

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Hello Legnan0,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We agree, we love the country inns in the area too. But, it is fun to be the newest hotel in the Upper Valley also! Nothing beats the walkability of downtown Hanover. So many fun restaurants and bars to choose from. We're glad you liked our modern space and look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Hanover.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at the SSS hotel for 3 days in late December 2013 as we were attending a women's basketball tournament at Dartmouth. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel - rooms are spacious and comfortable. The staff and valet are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is 2 blocks from the Dartmouth campus and about 4 blocks from the Dartmouth sports arenas. There is a great bakery and sandwich shop across the street from the hotel, a good fire brick oven pizza place a block down the street and several additional restaurants (Molly's is recommended) and shops a block away on Main Street. Parking costs $18 per night at the hotel but you can park at a garage next door which is free overnights and on Sundays.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hello in Plano, TX!
Thank you so much for the detailed review. We agree, Ramunto's Pizza (http://ramuntospizza.com/) and Umpleby's (http://www.umplebys.com/) are great choices for local restaurants and are just across the street from the hotel.
Sadly, it is true, the majority of parking in Hanover is paid, but you are right, if you're willing to endure a little inconvenience, you can find some less expensive alternatives to our valet option. Town of Hanover Parking Garage (http://www.hanovernh.org/Pages/HanoverNH_Parking/map.pdf) charges $15 per day as compared to our $18 fee.
Again, thank you so much for your feedback, it was a pleasure to host you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Jennifer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Hanover Inn Dartmouth
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Six South St Hotel? Share your experiences!