“ate every bite”

Description: Memphis-style BBQ and Comfort Food Restaurant in Hanover, NH
Gilsum, New Hampshire
“ate every bite”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I had a late lunch/early supper (4pm) today 6/29/14. I had a Po Boy Oyster sandwich and my husband had a brisket sandwich. We both had baked beans -very very nice . I normally do not get sea food inland but thought - give it a chance. It was the best PO' Boy I ever had- even after getting them in the south frequently. The batter was crunchy and sweet , the oysters just melted in my mouth. The portion was very ample and the tartar sauce which I really never eat was excellent. My husband's brisket was tender and had an excellent smoke flavor to it. We thought the service excellent and were served very quickly. We rode our bikes on the north trail from Lebanon to Orange ( 30 miles) which was really wonderful. Definitely plan on making this a habit and tagging on a great dinner at 3 Guys.

• Visited June 2014

White River Junction, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad service, not great food”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We went to this place because we heard the burnt ends were great. After seating, we think they forgot we were there, as we didn't get any attention for 10 or 15 minutes. If the place had been busy, that would have been easy to understand, but it was 5 and things hadn't picked up. We tried to order the burnt ends, and we were told there were none available. Disappointing, and again, would have been understandable if it had been later in the evening. We ordered ribs instead, which were dry, not terribly tasty. Then we heard the table next to us order five orders of burnt ends, and voila, they got what they wanted. Curious way to treat customers. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either, and the service was slow and unattentive.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Miz S
Mims, Florida
“Get the Pit Burger”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

4 out of 5 Cardiologists recommend you skip this place, but to heck with them. Perfectly cooked and well sided BBQ dishes make this underworld winner a mandatory stop. Well worth the search.

2 Thank RoanP
Barnard, Vermont
“Fantastic BBQ!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The whole experience was great, the laid back atmosphere, the cold beer, the homemade sauces and melt-in-your-mouth BBQ! My 12 year old is not a BBQ fan so he had the grilled hotdog and pronounced it delicious as well! The waitstaff is very nice and attentive. It is great to finally have a good BBQ joint in Hanover!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank VermontChick
Marlboro, Vermont, United States
“Pilgrimage Worthy”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Growing up in the South, and living in the North, is hard for a guy who loves barbecue. So often what you get is something that looks like barbecue, but is really shredded pork, with some weak sauce - that they always put freaking maple syrup in! - and lots of liquid smoke. That was not the case at 3 Guys. The brisket is out of this world... The pork belly was some of the best I've ever had... and the burnt ends are to die for.

The prices were very reasonable. I ordered a combo plate which allowed me to pick three meats and a side dish, which also came with two pieces of corn bread, for $18. This was A LOT of food for the money, and normal humans could probably split the plate between two adults.

Our server was really nice, totally understood all the menu items, and demonstrated the rarest of unicorns in waitstaff: an understanding of culinary technique. He spoke at length about their smoking process, cuts of meat, their house made sauces, and even told us about the 12 hour smoking process used on the brisket, done in house, in their Southern Pride commercial smoker. Super impressed with a super nice and personable server.

It might be a little loud and crowded for families with small children, but there appeared to be an area off to the right when we came in that had sofas and such, so perhaps that would be great with a little one.

I live nearly two hours from this place, and I have every intention of making a regular pilgrimage to 3 Guys to get my fix.

• Visited May 2014