“Good food and good service”
Review of The Orient

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Claremont, New Hampshire
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

The food was great. Very tasty and not greasy. The service was good. The waitress tried to persuade me that I wanted more water....when I didn't.

• Visited December 2012

Newbury, New Hampshire
“Best Chinese dining”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Great Chinese selections, nice atmosphere, with good prices and food quantities. Also has take out and delivery.

Visited January 2012
“Mid Week Misfires”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Am a big fan of the Orient and it's quiet, yet welcoming to all environment. I have eaten here at least once a month for the past seven years. But now I have taken guests over the past two weeks on separate occasions....where things were....sad? There was one shrimp in the family sized Triple Delight. Cornstarch congealed on a beef dish. The waitress put a stack of to go boxes for us to assemble and fill on top of the food, sighed when we asked for chopsticks, and seemed hell bent on making sure we did not get our ordered sodas. My friend from the mainland said, well at leat the rice was good. My dad asked on the visit previous, did it used to be good? So I remain hopeful, but will likely take guests to Yama.

• Visited November 2012
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Gentle cooking lets ingredients speak for themselves”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My family and I try to find good Chinese restaurants whenever we travel. We've now found to new place to stop when we travel though Hanover! We were particularly impressed with their vegetable dishes, where vegetables were expertly cooked to add subtle flavor without loosing the crisp, fresh flavor. Both our meat dishes, General's Chicken and Mongolian Beef, were excellent without being the rich and greasy dishes you'll find at other restaurants.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Alan M
South Burlington, Vermont
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We went to The Orient with a group of 7 for dinner. The food was great, service was excellent and very friendly, a nice, clean restaurant. Price was decent. We would go back again.

• Visited August 2012

Been to The Orient? Share your experiences!