“Wonderful Lunch!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 29 March 2014

After reading the reviews, we were somewhat confused but decided to give The Orient a try for lunch today. We were not disappointed. I had the General Tso's Chicken, my husband had the Cashew Chicken and our friend had Sautéed Broccoli in Brown Sauce with Pork. Everything was delicious and our server was very pleasant and efficient. Everyone we encountered spoke perfect English. Each entrée included rice and soup and the total for 3 people was under $30 (with tip). So, a great meal at a great price!!! I would encourage anyone in the Hanover area to give them a try and judge for yourself.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I consistently enjoy the Orient's selection and ambience. This is my comfort food: the Tangerine Chicken, the Mongolian Beef, and any Moo-Shu. Their Szechuan Won Ton appetizer is a delectable starter. If I was looking for sushi, I'd probably go to Yama's nearby.

The employees are very friendly, while they may seem rushed. I've noticed recently that it's kind of hit or miss on whether the waiters set out the free fried chips that they usually do when you first sit down. Ask for it if they don't- and dip them in duck sauce. Also: why no soy sauce on the tables anymore? That seems like a given.

Secret tip: their lunch special is incredible, especially if you do take out. For under $10, you get a large portion of rice, your choice of soup, and whatever dish you choose off the lunch list. There's easily enough food for two lunches. Best deal in town.

I won't even get into the Scorpion Bowls...

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I was staying in Hanover while my daughter interviewed at Dartmouth med school. Decided a take out meal was just perfect to eat in my room and watch it snow. I had the chicken w/mixed vegetables. No sauce. No flavor. The wonton soup was average but lacked salt. To top it off I was shortchanged by $2 but didn't know until I got back to the room.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

If you need to get an MSG high, then eat here. The first time I ate here the general caios chicken was nice and crispy...but that was the only time....3 more times it was never duplicates. Average Chinese food. But the real downer here is that the building they are in is infested with roaches...Check with the town clerks office. When I went there to complain about the roach race on our table with bus boys having a competition on killing them (NO JOKE) they said the building had problems. Im done with this place!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We eat here frequently. The food is consistently good, the portions ample and the waitstaff friendly. The only criticism is that the food sometimes comes out to quickly, but that is a very minor issue

Been to The Orient? Share your experiences!