“OK Food, Nothing Special” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Albany, New York
“OK Food, Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stopped in one night to take out and ordered the Pork Egg Foo Young. Their were 3 nice size omlets but they were under cooked and I needed to throw them in the micowave to finish up the soft egg. As I started to eat I found that they gave me shrimp not pork..... The sauce was not what I am acustomed to , just some thick soy sauce. I ordered the combo which simply means you get a container of rice. When I went to open the rice, to my surprise it was white, not fried. Oh well, it was edable but I wont be going back. PS, don't even think that you'll find a parking space.

• Visited April 2014

Vermont
“Wonderful Lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

After reading the reviews, we were somewhat confused but decided to give The Orient a try for lunch today. We were not disappointed. I had the General Tso's Chicken, my husband had the Cashew Chicken and our friend had Sautéed Broccoli in Brown Sauce with Pork. Everything was delicious and our server was very pleasant and efficient. Everyone we encountered spoke perfect English. Each entrée included rice and soup and the total for 3 people was under $30 (with tip). So, a great meal at a great price!!! I would encourage anyone in the Hanover area to give them a try and judge for yourself.

• Visited March 2014
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Made this mistake of getting delivery one late night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Unfortunately as much as I wanted to like my food, it was BAD (FYI I'm Chinese). The chow fun was basically chow fun noodles cooked in super salty soy sauce. The pad thai (yes, I shouldn't have tried it here) was just one big hot mess of vinegar. Pass, pass, pass. The delivery, though, was timely and the delivery guy was super nice (I wish I tipped him more, in retrospect)

• Visited February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always full and happy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I consistently enjoy the Orient's selection and ambience. This is my comfort food: the Tangerine Chicken, the Mongolian Beef, and any Moo-Shu. Their Szechuan Won Ton appetizer is a delectable starter. If I was looking for sushi, I'd probably go to Yama's nearby.

The employees are very friendly, while they may seem rushed. I've noticed recently that it's kind of hit or miss on whether the waiters set out the free fried chips that they usually do when you first sit down. Ask for it if they don't- and dip them in duck sauce. Also: why no soy sauce on the tables anymore? That seems like a given.

Secret tip: their lunch special is incredible, especially if you do take out. For under $10, you get a large portion of rice, your choice of soup, and whatever dish you choose off the lunch list. There's easily enough food for two lunches. Best deal in town.

I won't even get into the Scorpion Bowls...

Olympia, Washington, United States
“flavorless”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I was staying in Hanover while my daughter interviewed at Dartmouth med school. Decided a take out meal was just perfect to eat in my room and watch it snow. I had the chicken w/mixed vegetables. No sauce. No flavor. The wonton soup was average but lacked salt. To top it off I was shortchanged by $2 but didn't know until I got back to the room.

• Visited February 2014