“Nothing Special!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Norwich, Vermont
“Nothing Special!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The other day, I was visiting a friend in Hanover, NH, and we ordered a medium-size (12") pizza with red bell peppers and pepperoni for home delivery. I found, however, that Everything but Anchovies were rather stingy with the toppings, although it did come with some other minuscule pieces of artichoke. I make much better pizzas at home, so sadly I report that this pizza was nothing special.

The pizza delivery man did arrive promptly, so that was a plus, on a busy night!

Visited April 2014

Hopewell, NJ
“Great Stuff, and Better Service!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We were up there a few weeks ago to attend a football game - our son's Bridgton Academy team was playing the Dartmouth JV's on a Sunday - and wanted to bring some hot food for the post game tailgate to feed our hungry players before their long trip back to Bridgton, ME. Since we are from NJ and had no place to prepare our own grub, we needed to buy local. After getting a recommendation and directions from a coed we ran into to "go to EBA" (that's what the kids refer to this institution as) we found the place, explained what we were trying to accomplish, and were treated with about as good of service as we could have imagined. The boss, or manager, or whomever (I'm sorry I did not get his name now) came out of the kitchen and gave us ideas about what he could do. We picked a "meat lovers pasta" dish, a full pan. It was delivered at the field at the time requested, it was way better than we ever expected - yes you could serve it to your ivy league friends without fear! - cheesy, meaty, hot, delicious sauce! Thank you EBA, you guys deserve kudos from our whole team, this was one of the first dishes to disappear from the buffet line, and our kids really know how to eat, I promise you! And thanks from the parents from Jersey too, you really were just the joint we had hoped to find!!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Scout1970
Phoenix, Arizona
“Still Awful Pizza After All These Years!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stopped by Hanover to see the old Campus and my old Fraternity.
But first I drove over the Connecticut River to Norwich hoping to find a nice place to eat. I could only find the Norwich Inn, which was full, so I returned to Hanover.

After paying for parking (no more free spaces in Hanover), I walked from the Main Green to EBAs for lunch. It was empty when I arrived just after 1 PM.

I ordered a small Hawaiian pizza with hot tea to drink.
The Pizza arrived hot and crispy with a scent of burnt garlic. It was just as bad as my college days as an undergrad. But I ate it anyway, just like in the old days.

Next time I come through Hanover, I am going to Lou’s Diner on Main Street.

• Visited November 2013
Vermont
“A classic in Hanover”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is a great spot to meet friends and not feel hurried or if time is short to pop in for something quick. You won't find a glamorous decor but you will find a great menu, reliable tasty food, friendly service, and reasonable prices....hard to ask for more. The EBA chicken sandwich is a not to be missed classic!

• Visited July 2013
Maine
“reliable pizza at fair price”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This place feeds hordes of college students, which says it all. Reliable, OK, affordable pizza.

Hanover is full of gougeterias, and this joint off the main drag is a breath of thrift all too rare in beautiful Hanover.

Nuff said.