“Great Restaurant!!”

Molly's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Restaurant!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Not one of us had a bad meal!! There are all kinds of items to choose from. I had french toast with local syrup, simply amazing!!! The portions are huge as well. Everyone in the restaurant were very friendly and helpful. I was visiting my kids and they eat here often. I will absolutely be coming back! Would love to have a restaurant like Molly's in our area with this quality staff and food!!

• Visited August 2014
Anthony B, Manager at Molly's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hi Karri! Thanks for the wonderful review and for your visit. I am so happy to hear that your enjoyed yourself. We can't go wrong when one of our ingredients is local pure maple syrup. Hope to see you again next time you are visiting. Until then, we look forward to serving great food to your kids.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Patient & family friendly”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The sign actually reads "Molly's Balloon." I'm not sure what the "balloon" part is about, but the staff inside certainly has high spirits. They were pleasant, kind, and patient with my three nieces, who definitely had their loud moments. It seems like a very family friendly menu. The kids liked the burger and chicken fingers. My sister-in-law and I both got the veggie burger. I liked the bun, avocado, and other accoutrements more than I liked the burger itself. I think it was a bit too spicy for me. That said, I'd readily eat here again, though I'd probably try ordering something else.

• Visited August 2014
Anthony B, Manager at Molly's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
It's great to hear that you found our menu choices to be appealing. Thanks for your awesome review. We do our best to buy fresh quality ingredients and we continue to make all of our recipes from scratch. We appreciate your recognition and look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks for your patronage!
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Reliably good and very pleasant!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Molly's has a varied menu to please everyone in your group or family, a solid kitchen, and an excellent wait staff. This is our standard restaurant for out-of-town visitors (who are not looking for ethnic food). There isn't a bad item on the menu, the bar is excellent (from $2 margaritas to good tap beers and top-shelf cocktails), and you can rely on a pleasant evening out!

• Visited June 2014
Anthony B, Manager at Molly's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thanks for your endorsement of our restaurant! Sorry to report that we bumped the price of the margaritas to $3 after holding strong for 15 years. We thought is was time to charge more than a soda, but still the best deal around. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Montreal, Canada
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We ate in Molly's before going to the movie theater which is very close by. This first meal was great. We had a patient waitress. They have a wood burning pizza oven and some nice combinations of toppings for flat crust style pizza - all good there. The fig and proscuitto pizza - excellent. The salmon burger - good. The beef sliders on little bagels with horseradish mayo - great. We came back for dinner because there were not too many options in town. We had the pizza with tomato sauce, basil, garlic, and mozza (Margarita pizza) - excellent. A day or two later we came back for lunch. The waitress (our third wait person now) was all over the place. We ordered the Margarita pizza as a starter -- it was not good -- did not have the same flavor as before -- less garlic -- not well done. I ordered the pasta bolognese. On the menu it describes their slow cooked sauce and does not indicate it comes with cheese. When it was served it was covered with shredded cheese on top. I said I did not want that -- so they took it back. But when returned the sauce was no longer red -- it looked orange as if they had cooked up the cheese into the sauce. Even if not -- the sauce was super sweet - kinda gross. The waitress was hard to find and not helpful - and she was an older person -- not the college aged staff that had been so great the other two times. I got the impression they did not like that I sent food back to the kitchen. My husband was also disappointed that the pizza was different and his meal was not great. This restaurant has possibilities....some nice choices on the menu -- some large salads etc. It is busy and popular and well located. They need to be sure that all the staff are keen and on top of things.

• Visited July 2014
Anthony B, Manager at Molly's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
I'm so sorry about your latest experience at Molly's. I couldn't agree with you more about the importance of consistency in a restaurant. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our managers and coming up with a plan for coaching our team members. While disappointed that you did not have a great visit, I am grateful that you took the time to share your experience and offer relevant productive feedback for our team. I hope that you will continue to visit us and find that we are becoming more consistent each time. Please reach out to me before your next visit. I would like to apologize in person and make things right - tony@blueskyrestaurants.com
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“good place for lunch”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

we went for lunch recently and enjoyed it. we got the caesar salad - which was just romaine and croutons -but the dressing was tasty, and their take on a margherita pizza. this was a cheese and tomato pizza with arugula piled on the top drizzled with balsamic vinegar after it came out of the oven. whilst not traditional it was quite good once we got used to it. the onion rings were ok. service was friendly and efficient.

• Visited July 2014
You're awesome! Thanks for sharing on Trip Advisor, too!