“Gluten Free”
Review of Thai Orchid - CLOSED

Thai Orchid
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional Thai food in downtown Hanover above Starbucks. Cuisine prepared by five-star chefs who delight in creating unique monthly specials. Serving lunch and dinner. Dine in the sunny dining room, or choose take-out or delivery within 5 miles. ON-line ordering. Full bar. Many gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options. Some organic and farm-to-table ingredients.
Detroit, Michigan
“Gluten Free”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great food and Gluten Free. Very good serve and great location downtown. This is the perfect place for dinner. I have a gluten allergy so this worked out good for me. I love the view over the street. you can eat and watch everyone walk by. I had the Pad Thai mild spice. You can always ask for more spice, but you can't take it off.

• Visited June 2014

Minneapolis
“Thai Heaven”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Odd location but excellent food. Located on the 3rd floor via elevator above Starbucks, but once here, spacious dining room overlooking Main Street on the Dartmouth campus. Here on business so I dined alone, but the ambience is cheerful and friendly. Wish I wrote down the name of the dishes I had, but didn't so I'll describe them instead. Started off with a sweet and sour soup with 4 large shrimp and chocked full of vegetables - delicious. Followed by one of their "lighter" dishes - a spicy stir fry with crispy tofu - also wonderful. It comes with noodles mixed in, which I didn't realize, so I really didn't need to order the brown rice at $3.00 extra (bit pricey). Topped off with 2 glasses of red wine, I was in Thai heaven. Didn't hurt that it was also a beautiful summer New England evening on the campus of one of our country's most prestigious colleges. Great experience all around.

1 Thank GWest777
Norwich, Vermont
“Great green curry with chicken”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A friend and I had the green curry with chicken, and it was as good as any I've ever had. I enthusiastically recommend it. This happened to be lunch, and it was a luncheon special for about $10. Excellent value.

We chose a table by the front windows; given the 2nd floor, it's a nice view over Hanover's Main St. Also good for talking.

The service was pleasant and timely, but a bit disorganized.

We chatted with the maitre d' who turned out to be the owner. He said he and his wife had bought the restaurant about a year ago. His wife is Thai and was at the curry station then - and he especially recommended a curry. Great recommendation! I plan to go back often.

• Visited May 2014
Lebanon, New Hampshire
“Very good Thai!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

They will even serve you Prik Nam Pla if you ask. Love the curry, they do it right here. I've tried the noodle dishes, but I never order them because the red and green curry's are so damn good.

• Visited March 2014
Enfield, New Hampshire
“Finally, authentic Thai food in Hanover, New Hampshire!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Finally, delicious, authentic Thai food in Hanover, with very friendly service and reasonably priced. We have become regulars. A big "Thank You" to the owner and staff of the Thai Orchid restaurant!!!

• Visited April 2014