“I would drive another two hours to eat here”

Jesse's Steak and Seafood
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I am a very demanding diner. It costs a lot to eat out and I think nothing about sending back food that is poorly prepared. This place exceeded any other place I have eaten in years. We had the NY strip and the grilled salmon. Both we cooked to perfection and exactly as ordered. It was well presented and not drowned in butter and salt. The fish was firm, not wiggly or dried out. The steak was tender and cooked to the temperature specified. Hopefully, I'll get to eat here again some time.

Anthony B, Manager at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Wow! What a nice review! Thanks so much for your visit and this review. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're around. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your positive opinion with the Trip Advisor community!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Was in the area for the The Prouty 100 mile charity bike ride. We were looking for a solid dinner after a long day of cycling. Jesse's did not disappoint. I had a very tasty and tender filet mignon and my wife enjoyed a very nice piece of swordfish. We were a party of 4 and everyone enjoyed their meal. One side note though... sat outside and the deer flies were troublesome. They didn't bite much but did buzz around us making the dinner a little less enjoyable though hard to blame Jesse's for that... we were outdoors in NH in July.

Anthony B, Manager at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thanks for your nice review of our restaurant. Sorry about the flies outside. We do our best, but the beautiful landscape and adjacent forest create a tough battle to win. Thanks for your support of the Prouty and congratulations on a successful ride. Our restaurant is a supporter of the Prouty, too! We sell special Prouty Pints of Sam Adams through June and donate all the sales to the event. It is such a meaningful event. Thanks for your visit and your review. We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The restaurant look small outside but spaces inside, it was a busy night at the bar (Soccer game USA and Belgium) we did not ordered a appetizer, my Husband ordered a steak UHM! My teeth, poor Teeth working so hard to chew.... I ordered a scallop which is every every one recommended is the best in the house, really! Is not what I expected...
Services are good!
Wasn't sure will be back.

1  Thank sujamas
Anthony B, Manager at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

I am so deeply sorry that your food was not enjoyable when you recently visited our restaurant. It's good to hear that you liked the service, but I'm sure that you came to us for a great meal and we fell short. Our steaks are graded choice or better and aged in house for 4 weeks before being butchered by our team members and we buy fresh dry domestic scallops. Your choice to order these items should have resulted in the best that we have to offer. We would love the opportunity to show you that the poor food quality you experienced was an anomaly. Please reach out to me and we will make this right - tony@blueskyrestaurants.com

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Jesse's has an excellent friendly staff. They go out of their way to accommodate you. Their salad bar is one of the best i have tasted. Only salad bar better is Sperry's in Nashville and not by much since Jesse's features raw shrimp. Their Steak's are good, but not extraordinary. Had ribeye and guest had Prime Rib. Both were cooked perfectly and not over-seasoned, but did not wow us with a melt in your mouth succulence. To be fair, we got in late and were both tired. Nonetheless, the great staff and salad bar makes this a restaurant to visit if you are in the area.

Anthony B, Manager at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thanks for the positive review, Evon! We're so pleases that you enjoyed our salad bar. Right now, is the best time to come for the salad bar because we are featuring locally grown produce and harvesting vegetables from our garden on the property each day. Though we appreciate your wonderful review, I am disappointed that our steaks fell short on your most recent visit. There is no excuse for our prime rib or ribeye to be anything less than perfect. I hope that you will give these items one more chance on your next visit. We've been buying our beef out of Omaha for the past few months and aging it in house. Our team members do the butchering, so perhaps a steak was served that should have been ground for burgers. The prime rib is my favorite menu item and when it is done right, I would put it up against anyone's best. Please let me know when you plan to visit again. I would enjoy carving you a slice off the roast and making sure that you are impressed before placing your order. Thanks for the constructive criticism, recent visit and kind review. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

On June 10th we went to Jesse's to celebrate my wife's birthday. We went for the Lobster Roll and were informed they were out. The Asst. Manager Nicky came to our table and quickly informed us that the Chef would steam a lobster and have a Lobster Roll prepared for my wife. My wife also ordered the Fried Green Tomatoes as an appetizer. Everything was fantastic. Portions are large my wife took home half the appetizer and half of the Lobster Roll. The waitress Jessica was very good, Nicky the asst. manager helped to make my wifes birthday celebration and success. We will be back and Jesse's will be a regular stop for us.

Anthony B, Manager at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thanks for sharing this great story! At Jesse's, we are always trying to find an opportunity to exceed our guests' expectations and I am so happy that Ricky was able to do this for you on your last visit. We received you email at the restaurant as well and we are truly grateful that you took the time to recognize Ricky for he efforts. Thanks for the amazing endorsement and we look forward to taking care of you in the future!