“A New England gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hanover B&B and Inns
Syracuse, NY
“A New England gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

My two night stay at the Trumbull House B&B was a true delight and I wished I didn't have to leave so soon. I don't know why anyone would stay at a cookie cutter hotel and miss the opportunity to experience New Hampshire warmth and hospitality at it's finest from the innkeeper, Hilary Pridgen. The relaxed (but classy) come and go was like home away from home. Everything from the lovely, spacious rooms (mine was the Blue Room) to the delicious breakfast (the blueberry scones alone are worth the stay) to the graciously appointed furnishings and the beautiful surrounding acreage made this stay a wonderful experience. To know a place, you must know the people and the Trumbull House offers both par excellence.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank sstcmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Meerbusch, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

We stayed two nights in this B&B and were not totally happy with it. When we arrived, nobody was at home, there was only a note on which room is ours (the Blue Room it was). We felt a bit awkward to enter a house when the owner is not at home... The owner Hilary arrived later, but she didn't introduce herself and we didn't get the warm welcome you would expect from a B&B. The room was just average and not that pretty. Everything was a bit shabby and needs refurbishment, especially the bathroom. The road was not a problem at night, but my husband heard a neighbor guest snoring. The provided towels smelt disgusting, they are obviously changed each day, but the smell was the same. There are keys now to lock your room, but we only got ours on the second day. The swimming pond in the (large) garden didn't look inviting.
The house is not located directly in Hanover, but the surroundings are nice and for hiking it was perfect. The B&B has a business center with a printer which was positive. Breakfast was a real highlight and you can order it à la carte. Additionally, you get freshly baked goodies like muffins or scones.
Everything was not as luxurious as announced on the Trumbull House website and the price is a bit too high in my opinion.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
seattle, wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

The Trumbull House was everything I needed it to be and more. Hillary, the innkeeper, offers a quiet and beautiful place to stay that is classic New England. The house is beautifully and tastefully decorated and each room offers it’s own charm. I stayed in the Terracotta room and the Suite and loved each room for different reasons. I arrived later in the evening, walked upstairs to my room and enjoyed the peaceful quiet of the NH country, the coziness of my room and the glow of the nearly full moon pouring in the window. I found much needed respite from a long day that a hotel couldn’t provide.

In the morning I was glad to sit in the warm dining room and have pleasant conversation with other guests. Waiting on the table we found fresh scones and muffins, fresh butter and jam to tide us over until the big breakfast was ready. Hillary whipped up a simple yet elegant breakfast that was done to perfection from the elegant and simple setting to the meal itself and the strong coffee. I am a bit of a food snob so high praise for food doesn't come easily but breakfast was deliciously beautiful.

I would recommend the Trumbull House to anyone staying in the Hanover area. Hillary is incredibly sweet and friendly and the grounds are amazing. I wish I had more time to play outside near the pond and walk in the woods. It is an amazing spot and I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

The pretty pictures are deceptive--this place is tired and overpriced. The food was boring and the service was rude.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank meloramoody
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

While visiting in the area, I stayed in the Terra Cotta Room again (loved it last summer on my first stay). Just about everything about the Trumbull House is pure delight. The rooms are totally charming, the grounds are lovely, Hilary (the owner) is friendly and warm and the breakfast is practically a religious experience! I simply can't imagine staying anywhere else in the area (nor do I intend to)!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Boston area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2010

My husband and I made reservations at the Trumbull House simply because of its proximity to a concert we wanted to attend at the Lebanon Opera House, but I would put it at the top of my list of great B&B experiences. Hilary was welcoming and accommodating and let us make ourselves at home. The house and grounds were beautiful, even on a rainy March weekend. Our room (Terra Cotta) was tasteful, clean and bright. The sheets and bed were remarkably comfortable. Breakfast included fresh scones and berries and we were given our choice of about ten breakfast entrees from a menu, all gourmet including ingredients like brie cheese, fresh basil, and smoked salmon. The couple with whom we ate breakfast were regulars who come up from the Boston area for weekend getaways. I will definitely be looking for more excuses to return to the Hanover area so I can take advantage of this lovely inn!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2009

For many years, I spent Thanksgiving with family at The Trumbull House. My husband and I always stayed in the Yellow Room on the top floor. By far my favorite part of this room is the sleeping alcove. I have always said that I like sleeping in a cave, and this is perfect. It's warm and cozy in there - some of the soundest sleep I can recall (I tend to wake up easily). The room is always quiet, and it feels so private being up on the top floor. The innkeeper, Hilary, cooks a wonderful breakfast to order every morning. The common room feels like a real living room, with a fireplace, a comfy couch, and large comfy chairs. I'd love to have a good excuse to visit The Trumbull House again. I live in North Carolina now, but surely there's SOME excuse to go back.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Hanover Inn Dartmouth
Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon

Been to Trumbull House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!