“Great B&B”

Trumbull House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hanover B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Trumbull House. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was absolutely delicious--we both ordered the same thing the second morning because we had it have it again (Vermont cheddar and ham omelet; pancakes). The setting was a little further from downtown Hanover than I expected, but it was lovely--I jogged through the woods, past stone walls and ponds both mornings (had to preemptively burn off that breakfast). I highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 January 2013

My wife and I went to Hanover for the weekend and stayed at the Trumbull House. We could not have been happier with our stay. The rooms were immaculately clean, the beds were very comfortable and the location was beautiful. I am not sure you can ask for more from a B&B in the area. The breakfast was delicious. Eggs, french toast, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee. We are recommending the Trumbull House to our friends and family who are looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ed D
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Traveled in a group of 11 to Hanover for a weekend event and booked the Trumbull House on a friend's recommendation. Our stay couldn't have gone much better. It was easy to find, incredibly clean, spacious and quiet. The towels were soft and the free WIFI was fast. So obviously the "bed" part was great, but the "breakfast" was what really made this place outstanding. They served some of the best french toast and eggs I've ever eaten. The one and only complaint I have is that my roommate's snoring kept me up all night, but I can't blame the great hosts at the Trumbull House for that!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matt D
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Trumbull House was built by the same man as built my grandparents house in Hanover, New
Hampshire. Our first stay was a delight and this, our second stay, was even more so. We were in the Suite this time giving our daughter more privacy with a daybed and a private bath. Trumbull is set apart from other houses and the candles(electric) set in each window are a welcome
greeting when arriving in the dark. The morning faire was excellent along with the presentation and the friendly staff. We like to eat late in the morning and we never felt like a burden. We shall return to Trumbull on our coming visits to New England.

Room Tip: The Suite is great for a family of three or a family of two and a companion. If more room is requir...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pamela B
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Upon our arrival, the house was completely empty. The door of the B&B was opened. Anyone could have come into the house. On a sheet of paper we were given instructions on how to reach our room. The room was spacious. The towels, the bedding had a stench of humidity. The bed was too soft and we had the impression of falling. The AC was incredibly noisy. Overall we did not have a good night sleep. The next morning, we were served a wonderful breakfast (smoked salmon should however not be cooked) unfortunately it did not make up for the rest.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VBast
Reviewed 13 July 2012

In fact, it is utterly easy to make yourself at home at The Trumbull House.

Hilary, the gracious, friendly and easy-going owner, is happiest when guests kick back, sit by the fire, take a walk in the adjoining woods, enjoy Hanover and Dartmouth, and schedule (a superb, customized) breakfast at whatever time best suits you. Nice! And, not least, I've always found my fellow travelers to be excellent company at breakfast.

If I'm within fifty miles and need a good night's rest, I'll head directly for Hanover and The Trumbull House.

Tony B.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank T B
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This is a sweet old B&B with great grounds including a swimming pond. Breakfast was good with choices ranging from pancakes to omlets. The pond was great for the adults, but not so good for our youngest who isn't a strong swimmer. The close proximity to Hanover and Dartmouth was convenient. The two pluses for us west-costers were fireflies and forest trails that start right from the house. The two negatives were an uncomfortable sofa bed and the price. Still, all in all it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Thoreau L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Hanover Inn Dartmouth
17 mi away
506 On The River Inn
506 On The River Inn
#3 of 6 in Woodstock

Been to Trumbull House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!