Henniker Motel(Henniker)
US$152
US$163
US$132
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

US$131
US$107
Travelocity
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

Courtyard Concord(Concord)
US$162
Courtyard
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$186/night.

Fairfield Inn Concord(Concord)
US$141
Hotels.com
All reviewsnew ownersgas fireplacecolby hillmy husband and icookiesfarm to tablenew hampshiregoatchef brucecarriage housescallopscranberry juicelast monthlook forwarddelicious foodperfect placefrench toast
Reviewed 29 May 2017

As you pull into the inn, the sign says, "Good food." Inaccurate sign -it really is EXCELLENT food. My husband and I traveled here for a Memorial Day getaway and we are so glad we did! Welcoming hosts and beautiful grounds make this a hidden gem. The Portuguese Steampot was full of mussels, lobster and clams were as fresh as oceanside. The tuna and duck were tender and perfectly done. The varied wine list and the recommended pairings with the meals compliment the delicious food perfectly. Breakfast was delicious with a colorful buffet of fresh fruits, cranberry cider oatmeal that was fantastic, and an assortment of baked goods. The hot eggs or pancake/french toast that you could order varied depending on the day, but all were delicious. The four adorable goats were unique and amusing. Since the owners have only had it a little over a year, we look forward to visiting again and seeing the "innovations" that occur.

Room Tip: The carriage house suites are lovely, and the rooms above the carriage house are bright but small. We liked room #6 in the main inn. .
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
henniker_NHInnkeep, Owner at Colby Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Cathy and Earl, a pleasure to host you both! - Jeff and Bruce

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Unfortunately, we only had one short night at the Colby Hill Inn. It was not nearly enough and I am now looking for excuses to get back. The property is amazing with charm, authenticity and wonderful staff. The food is unmatched. Breakfast is included and what a treat! Homemade yogurt and banana bread, fresh bacon/sausage, everything farm-to-table without the gimmicks. Highly recommend if you are in this neck of the woods!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
henniker_NHInnkeep, Owner at Colby Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thank you for staying with us, and please do return soon! - Jeff

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Beautifully appointed Inn. Delicious breakfast and dinner, lovely accommodations and grounds and very comfortable bed. Friendly and helpful Innkeepers and Staff. Looking forward to our next visit soon.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
henniker_NHInnkeep, Owner at Colby Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us and the kind review! We really enjoyed having you. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

First time visitor- Wanted to try this place for years and since it was my birthday, we finally went. Called earlier in the day to make a reservation, which is suggested on the website. It was a Friday early evening about 5pm- nice location and ambiance, Could watch the birds at the feeders in the yard, through the big windows. Friendly staff at greeting. Compared menu, which is somewhat limited, to what I'd seen online earlier that day and found it didn't match- website not updated with new menu. My meal was great- Ramon bowl- as far as nicely presented and interesting and tasty with finely sliced vegetables,3 scallops and tiny quail parts, but my husband, who would have had the salmon if it was available, ended up ordering the only fish entree, a Cod fillet. Our meal took a bit long to arrive, no bread was offered while we waited. The dining room was pretty empty, just one other couple there before us for dinner and two came after we arrived, before we left. My husband's Cod meal was pretty, but also pretty small! If we'd started with soup or other appetizer, it wouldn't have mattered, but we didn't. He ate his meal in a few bites and then looked greedily at mine- but he didn't get my scallops! I was looking forward to the maple trio (three maple desserts) for dessert, but alas, that also was no longer on the menu. They did find some small maple creme brulee's for us- and a truffle, so we got a duet instead of a trio.

I can cross this place off my bucket list but I can't really recommend it because of the wait and the menu issue,(updated now). Our server was nice but not as engaged with us as I would have hoped- checking in with us while our meal was taking so long. Its was pricey, too.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 83aletab
henniker_NHInnkeep, Owner at Colby Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Hi, yes, we remember that you were clearly disappointed as soon as you arrived due to the changes on the menu...and that you were not kind to the server. It honestly probably wasn't our best night for a first visit since we had a smaller menu than normal (due to having fewer reservations than normal for the night), but I do know that everyone else that night had nothing but very positive and enthusiastic comments about the same dishes. So, this may not be a good fit for you. Generally, I post the menu on Tuesday. I had waited until Friday to post the menu because we were waiting to know for sure the availability from some farms (availability is at it's least predictable right now) and to see how many reservations would come in. The end of March and first two weeks of April are our absolute slowest times of year, so you are right the dining room was pretty empty that night; however, we were sold-out both Friday and Saturday the weekend before and have 110 for Easter Sunday.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

The Grazing Room food was unusual and delicious and the owner and staff were friendly and attentive. We began our dinner with plates of Spring Salad. The plates in themselves were interesting, I won’t give all the secrets away here though. The salad have lettuce leaves, what I do remember was chunks of vegetables, snap peas with a bit of feta, all drizzled with dressing, great start. I was interested in a simple, light dinner so asked for the salmon which was cooked perfectly. Also on the plate were grilled asparagus, which is always a winner with me, but it was the sunchokes which I thought was an interesting diversion from typical restaurant fare. Another point of interest is Colby Hill Inns goat theme. They apparently have several pet goats in their barn. I didn’t see their goats, but we were entertained by a possum strolling by the window. Because of their theme, goat is woven into their menu. For example, the bread is served with goat butter. Normally I am not crazy about anything goat because of the strong flavor but in this case it was amazing. The flavor was simple, not goaty, and was it whipped to get the very light consistency? After I consulted someone who raises goats and was told the strong flavor comes from having a male in with the females, I haven’t done my research beyond that inquiry so don’t know if that’s a fact. Our server was very attentive and sweet and the owner was nearby keeping an eye on everything, neither were hovering though. We are fortunate to have another restaurant in our area that couple easily compete with Boston. Thank You Jeff and Bruce!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends