All reviews new owners gas fireplace colby hill my husband and i cookies farm to table new hampshire goat carriage house scallops cranberry juice last month look forward delicious food perfect place chef bruce from manchester
Reviewed 15 October 2017

It was delightful to finally have a dinner prepared by somebody who knows how to cook. I am so tired of the mediocre pub food and overcooked burgers in this area.
My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Colby Hill. The inn is very old and very charming. The hostess and waitress was helpful and attentive. As my husband is a vegetarian, he called ahead regarding selections for the night. He spoke to the chef directly. How often does that happen? My rib-eye was cooked to perfection, pink in the middle and so juicy. It was served with truffled mashed potatoes, zucchini and spinach. Totally delicious. My husband had the cauliflower spaetzle with locally foraged mushrooms. For dessert, we shared the Decadent Flourless Chocolate Cake with maple walnut gelato. Very rich without being cloying. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Our stay at the Colby Hill Inn was delightful- lovely setting, handsome attention to details that combine the old and new beautifully, very comfortable.
The meals were extraordinary. We chose the pumpkin risotto, grilled pear salad and chocolate cake, all featuring ingredients from local farms. Breakfast was bountiful and delicious. One in our group is vegan, which the Chef accommodated with ease.
The owners and staff were relaxed and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2017

My husband and I have decided to take advantage of mid-week opportunities to experience a new area. Up popped the Colby Hill Inn that is about 3 hours from home. Once I researched the area, I found many attractions that appealed to the both of us.
We opted for the carriage house suite that included a jacuzzi and gas fireplace. Breakfasts were absolutely delicious and filling! We so enjoyed each of the choices.
The highlight of our stay was the Wines of the World Dinner. On our evening, we experienced a five course meal featuring Mendocino wines. Each course was enhanced by the Chef's explanation of why he prepared each dish to accompany a particular wine. The wine representative shared her knowledge about the winery, history, practices and the nuances of each wine. At the end of the evening, we joined Sue and Jacob who are part of the Colby Hill family by the newly built fire pit with a glass of wine, of course. It was the fabulous end to the perfect evening!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We had a wonderfully relaxing stay at the Colby Hill Inn. Nice attention to detail, including fresh cookies waiting for us in our room. The bed was super comfy, and everything was clean, clean, clean. Our room had a fireplace, which we didn't use (stayed in August), but it would be worth the trip back on a cold autumn/winter weekend, just to try it out. The word "amazing" has probably been over-used, but that is my description of the food. Dinner was incredible (the halibut and the pork dishes were our choices). Breakfast was also delicious and very filling - bring your appetite! The homemade granola, muffin and eggs were perfect. We also enjoyed the lovely grounds. Don't miss out on visiting the "ladies" - goats who are friendly and love their snacks, which you get from the staff, who are very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Great place to have informal business meeting. Rustic and charming. Historical setting with wonderful hosts. Breakfast and dinner outstanding. Nice location. Not all rooms have TV but found that to be quite nice!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business