Henniker Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Henniker
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the perfect location for our visit. The beautiful view of the mountains welcomed us after a long drive. We stayed in an inside room around the pool and had no outside window so it was a little claustrophobic for me. I would ask for a room with outdoor access if I was to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank FlyinL0w

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The rooms are cheap and clean. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. The rooms could use some updating and TLC. Wallpaper pealing off and stains. We stayed here for a wedding at Pats peak. It was maybe 5 minutes from Pats Peak. It fit our needs for the night. The staff was friendly and was able to check us in early before the wedding.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liane M
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The staff always bends over backwards to make our stay comfortable. Although modest, it is very clean and functional with beautiful views! Will always stay there! Easy access to the ski resort or to the main town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We have been going to the Henniker Motel for almost 10 years now. We go twice a year now on the NASCAR Weekend for shopping. We have made great friend there over the years and enjoy sitting out in the evenings with the other guests, who are there for the races. The staff is great and accommodate all our needs during our stay. This year we have been there 4 times. It is a little dated but you cannot beat the friendly people there. We have a handicap Daughter and it works out great for us. The room is big enough to accommodate her Wheel Chair. We always have a great time and the view is amazing. We have been to other hotels over the years and paid a lot more for a whole lot less and they were not Wheel Chair friendly. If you want a 5 star hotel then go to one and pay big for it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

OMG, run, don't walk away from this place. The staff lied x2 about smoking rooms-when you get there and paid for your reservation, it's too late-they know that! Power was lost due to a thunderstorm, with NO back up generator, not lights, no AC and no caring from the staff for any type of a refund. Oh yes, the staff was rude, defensive, and totally unbusiness like. The rooms for the price were smelly, small and difficult to access with the key. Poolside was even worse-SMELLY! An animal protection agency should be called on the two painted turtles the have trapped in a little aquarium. Every time I had to walk by them they were gasping for air or food in their disgusting environment. I agree with another writer, the only thing clean were the sheets. DONT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. I guess when your selling a business, you just don't care.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank dar829
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Terrible mold in bathroom ceiling.
So damp the towels were wet.
Horrible smell.
Unfriendly staff.
Expensive for what you got.
Would rather camp out then stat here again.
Worn out paneling. Damp carpeting.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I would have turned around and left after approaching the door had I not reserved this room for a wedding! Minimum 2 nights at $140/night! This was a $20/night flop house! At the door the sill and jam were covered with bugs. Inside the bathroom had bugs and spiders with WEBS! The overpowering stench of mustiness and BO was nauseating! The heat was off and the room was ice cold until I cranked up the thermostat but then had to wait for the room to heat up. The decor is ancient dirty and the walls are paper thin allowing me to hear ALL activities in neighboring rooms including upstairs. The only positive I can say is that the sheets were clean...but the mattress cover had what looked like a blood drop on the side and so did the ironing board cover. I was AFRAID to touch either! Returning to my room at night after all functions I found the porch lights out and it was pitch black causing me to have great difficulty in finding the keyhole! I have no plans to ever return to that dump and wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy! My daughter missed out on the reservations and had to book a B&B in town...much nicer and would recommend that option instead! I cannot imagine why a fabulous wedding facility like Forster's Christmas Tree Farm would even recommend this dive! I couldn't wait to get the heck out of there!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...anywhere!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Johanna B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henniker
Centennial Hotel
23 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tilton
Hampton Inn Concord/Bow
Crotched Mountain Resort & Spa

Been to Henniker Motel? Share your experiences!