“Great view, disappointing food.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Daniel's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Henniker
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
NH
“Great view, disappointing food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stopped by at Daniel's because I remember thinking that it had pretty decent reviews on Tripadvisor. We sat at the outside at the back. The view was beautiful which was only good thing there. They brought us bread, which was still ice cold in the middle, which means that they were frozen rolls. I also had French onion soup, and it was so salty, it was almost not edible. I also had to ask for soup spoon, which they forgot to give me with the soup. It arrived about whole five minutes later. I had ruben which was ok. My husband's meal was just ok also. Also their french fries are not actually fries but fried potato chips. We wanted to like the food, but it was such a disappointment. If it weren't for the view, it would have gotten two stars at best. We probably never go back again. Food just wasn't worth it.

• Visited July 2014

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Wonderful Sat. evening meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I decided we hadn't been to Daniel's for awhile and after checking the menu online I decided this would be just what we were looking for tonight. We took the "old" road from Hillsborough to Henniker which is a really nice off the highway ride. When we arrived at Daniel's we were a bit concerned by the number of cars, thinking maybe we would have a wait. That wasn't the case. There really is a lot of seating including a deck, pub, and restaurant. We chose the restaurant and was seated by the window with the river view. Nice. Our waitress - Aimee - was wonderful. Smiles, a bit of chatting, just the right amount of attention. Then the meal! ! ! It was sooooo good. I wasn't really very hungry and chose the Caesar Salad with the added Salmon - YUM! ! ! My husband had London Broil with a mushroom, burgandy sauce - he LOVED it. We usually eat only half and take the rest home for another meal but this time we ate it all. Really good dinner experience.

• Visited July 2014
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We eat here whenever we visit New Hampshire. The food is excellent and the service is always top-notch. The drab cakes are my favorite. The soups and salads are great, too. The lovely view of the river adds to the dining experience.

Visited July 2014
Sheringham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

You must try the strawberry salad, it's to die for. We also had the salmon and haddock which were both excellently cooked. The service was efficient and friendly. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Lovely River View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

The river view is absolutely amazing. Such a beautiful setting! The menu is pretty big. I ordered a french sandwich and my partner ordered a Mediterranean wrap. Both sandwiches came with chips and a pickle. Our waitress was nice, and checked on us a few times. They had a good selection of beer. We tried one from the local brewery and it was pretty good (enough to prompt us to visit after we ate). Prices were a bit high for the amount of food but you really cannot beat the view. I'd love to stop in again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Daniel's Restaurant? Share your experiences!