Henniker House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Henniker
See available hotels
Henniker Motel(Henniker)
Courtyard Concord(Concord)
Fairfield Inn Concord(Concord)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe riverb bbreakfast roomnew englandmy husband and iquichebalcony overlookingpats peakguest roomsspent two nightsallergic to catshuge rooma lovely place to stayfabulous breakfastget awaycovered bridgegranola
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Just back from my fall weekend visit. I go twice a year with a group of quilters, and we've been going since 2007. We found it when we were looking for a place to stay while taking classes at the quilt shop (Quilted Threads) next door. I have NEVER had a bad experience. Kate is incredibly flexible with our group (usually 8 people). She alters breakfast recipes to accommodate the picky eaters & works around our class schedules. We fill her solarium with sewing machines and fabric. She has no problems with us using her kitchen to fix our our lunches and dinners. Phil installed additional outlets when he realized we were sharing power strips.

The rooms are high-quality - airy, comfortable, clean and well furnished. It is easy to see the love and care that went into the selection of linens, furniture, window treatments. It is a B&B in the best sense of the word - not some cookie-cutter motel.

I have now slept in all the rooms at least once. I would have a hard time selecting my favorite.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We were driving from Indiana to Maine and one night did not have reservations at a motel. We lucked out when we found Henniker House. It was charming, serene, restful. The river view from the deck was lovely. Kate was welcoming, helpful and thoughtful. She even offered to let me use her clothes dryer. She suggested Daniel's, a restaurant a block or so away where we had crab cakes to die for. She cooked a wonderful breakfast. We loved the place so much that we made a reservation to stay there on our return trip. I cannot wait to go back and telephoned her to see if she was open the week after Christmas. She remembered us and greeted me like an old friend. I heartily recommend Henniker House. Mary Immel of Lafayette, IN.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Do NOT stay here. I was really excited to stay here the weekend of my wedding. The rooms looked beautiful, and on the phone the owner, Katie, seemed very nice and helpful. As soon as we arrived all of that changed. She was rude and hostile and I was genuinely embarrassed that I brought my family to a place like this. The owners seemed deeply annoyed that we arrived on a Thursday night and went on to tell us that we needed to take our shoes off when we were walking through their house. When one of my bridesmaids opened the door for the other 4 people who were meeting us for our rehearsal dinner Katie asked her who she thought she was to let people into *her* house and told my bridesmaid that she was now responsible for the other people. Katie also told my sister, before we arrived, that she was concerned having young people stay at her house for the weekend. She then told my sister that another member of our wedding named Sam had called to ask about prices earlier in the week and couldn't afford to stay there, so since those were the type of people coming, we better me sure not to treat her home like a farm house (Yes, she gave out his name.) We were not a loud or rowdy group. We were respectful and quiet and treated like garbage.

When my make up artist came the next day to help me get ready she was not allowed to enter through the front door and had to walk around the house in the rain to enter through the side. The male owner met her there and asked her to take her shoes off, offering her dirty, old used slippers instead. When we walked down the street to get a pizza to eat while getting ready they tried to tell us that we weren't allowed to eat in our rooms. That's right, $155 a night and we weren't allowed to eat in our room. You can have whatever you want to eat at any five star hotel in the world, but not the Henniker House. We were asked what time we would like breakfast Saturday morning, the morning after my night wedding, and we asked for 10:00. The male owner complained to my sister, who was also staying there for the weekend, that having guests arrive Thursday night, a night earlier than usual, and then request a "late" breakfast was very hard on them and they didn't appreciate it. They brought in over six hundred dollars from our party Thursday night alone, and had the gall to complain about it to their guests.

The fact that the rooms are pretty and the view is nice does nothing to make up for the awful treatment we received. I will never go back, and certainly will make sure no one I know ever stays there.

Room Tip: The rooms on the older side of the house are considerably smaller than the photo's lead you to believe. The Canopy room literally had parts falling off and that entire side of the building has a very musty smell. The pear and balcony rooms are the only one's I would consider acceptable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Amber T
HennikerHouse, Owner at Henniker House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

I’m the owner and have clicked that I found the review helpful. Pats Peak hosts 50-60 weddings per year. In our 5 room B&B, we get about 70 room nights from weddings. Most of these guests are attending the wedding, not the bridal party. In fact, we tease with the Henniker Motel that they host the wedding parties; we get the grandparents, aunts and uncles.

Based on our experience with your wedding party, Phil & I have talked about how to set bridal parties up for a good experience here. I’ll have a check list to go over with brides before they book. I’ll also encourage the bride and groom to take a tour of the house before they book. The bride and groom have a lot on their minds for the event; when they choose to stay at Henniker House B&B, we should guide them through the lodging part of the weekend.

Thank you especially for the comment about a musty smell. With the most recent rain, we’ve hunted down some water seepage before real damage was done to the wall in the Canopy room.

Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 29 September 2011

We had a great weekend at the Henniker House.Kate greeted us on arrival, made all the right inquiries in terms of allergies,time we wanted breakfast and did we need a dinner suggestion for that evening.We were in NH for the Nascar race and Kate did a great job letting us know what else there was to do in the area since it was our anniversary I couldn't expect my wife to spend the whole time at the track. We left very early Monday morning and Kate had muffins and tea fixings in the kitchen for us. The house is lovely and had everything we needed and is beautifully situated on the river making for some spectacular views.We are already trying to fit another visit into our schedule.

Room Tip: The River room has an extra bed if you are travelling in a group of 3 and of course it looks over the river
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Werner U
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed here as part of an Inn to Inn Tour with Granite State Vacations Bike Tour. Kate welcomed us warmly to the Inn and the town after a beautiful day on the bike. Our room was bright and sunny, the deck overlooking the river was perfect for relaxing and breakfast was amazing. Kate went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect. She even drove us part of the way to our final destination when it looked like the distance planned was going to be more than we could handle
A beautiful Inn, faulous restaurant just up the street and in a lovely New Hampshire town,
what more could we ask for!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple