“Beautiful Rooms and Gourmet Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hillsborough
Stonewall Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Hillsborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was there for 5 days in June to take care of renting my late Mother's house in nearby Washington, NH. Meg is a great hostess and prepares a truly gourmet breakfast. Fills me up so that I am not hungry until late afternoon - often I just skip any real lunch and then go out locally for dinner. The rooms are authentically decorated in 19th century style and the beds are very comfortable. Whatever needs I had, Meg was glad to help out with. She even recommended workmen for repairs I needed to make on my Washington house to get it ready for tenants to move on on July 1 and found me a great cleaning person because the whole Washington house needed a thorough cleaning - it had been unoccupied for the prior year.

Room Tip: All rooms have AC and good, private, bathrooms. All rooms are quiet because the property is not on...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank elibill

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at Stonewall Farms quite a few times in the last 15 years. Each time has been an Absolute pleasure. The historic value and decor of the home alone is worth a stay. Now lets add the lovely and charming Meg Curtis the Innkeeper and you are in for a unique experience. She is an excellent cook and we had two delicious breakfasts. We even had our son who was not a guest join us for one of them at the last minute and he was welcomed warmly. My husband and I like to immerse ourselves in local culture. This is the real thing. I wrinkle my brow at the 2 negative reviews. This has never been my experience at Stonewall Farm. Thanks for a wonderful stay Meg. See you next time!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Judith2145
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My daughter ,wife and I enjoyed a wonderful extended weekend.Meg is attentive to any reasonable need and is up cooking breakfast with eggs from the resident hen. She know the history of the farm and shared the diaries of the owners from the 1800's The grounds are extensive and there are many local hamlets with attractions of their own. Meg makes Stonewall Farm it's own destination and is generous and hospitable from her heart.

Room Tip: Each is unique.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful weekend in June. It's in a nice area of New Hampshire, not too far from Boston, and not too close either. There are many sites to see. Meg is just what we wanted in a hostess. Relaxed and a great cook. The room was lovely and the bed was comfortable. We'll be back!

Room Tip: The rooms do vary in size. Eat at The Pearl in Peterborough, even though the location is awful, the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a night preceding the closing on our Washington New Hampshire home. It was very relaxing, the bed was super comfortable and the breakfast was terrific! The house is wonderfully decorated and exceeded our expectations. It is our loss that we didn't have time to enjoy the farm. Staying here is like visiting family. We were the only visitors that weeknight and thoroughly enjoyed sitting at the breakfast table and chatting with Meg; she is so very friendly and accomodating! As new homeowners to the area, she was able to offer us lots of insight to the local area. I would most definitely recommend the Stonewall Farm to anyone!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsMJA
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Service was bad and dissappointing. I would not return and do not recommend to stay there.
The website is very appealing misleading.The rooms are nicely decorated, but were not cleaned at all. There was no cleaner, and I needed to wait and insist to have the room cleaned for us for most days. Coming back in the evening after a day trip to see the room unclean was unpleasant.The shades were cheap, there was too much light in the room and I ended up putting blankest and towels over the windows to have a dark room at night. Breakfast was poor, never ready when we asked it to be ready, with no choice of food. No cereal, no yoghurt, no cheeses. mostly eggs and bacon, no choice of breads. Once there was no place at the table to eat, another time we stood and waited around for someone to come around and start preparing breakfast, at a point where it should have been already served. We agreed on a time -nine, and other times there would be no one in the kitchen at nine, it would be empty. There were excuses and explanations which didn't compensate. I needed to bring my own food in order to be able to eat properly. There should have been coffee downstairs, but that only happened over the weekend. Considering the hight prices, I was dissapointed and aggravated.
This is the first time for me that I followed trip advisor and was not pleased. I feel it is important to balance the reviews, for other people. I plan my trips according to trip advisor reviews and wish someone would have written an accurate description of this place before hand.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank EPerlman58
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Great place to bring the family. Meg makes great breakfast and plenty of it. She treats you as a family member in her home its not just some ordinary bed and breakfast. We have been there five times, twice with the family. Our seven year old grandson had a blast in the chicken coop and playing with Megs lab Lizzie and King and little Benz the family dogs. All great animals. Stonewall Farm Bed and Breakfast is a must if your are visting the New England area. You get 100% of a bang for your buck. We will be back for sure. Keep up the good work Meg. Thanks for the memories. John and Cheryl from Houston, Texas

Room Tip: The Franklin Pierce Room has a fire place.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 585John

Been to Stonewall Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!