“Weekend stay”
Review of Inn on Golden Pond

Inn on Golden Pond
Ranked #2 of 3 Holderness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The inn is just lovely and the area is absolutely gorgeous with lots to do. Bonnie and Bill's recommendations for restaurants and swimming spots were just amazing. Innkeepers were personable but not invasive, full breakfast was wonderful, and the accomodations were spotless.
We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 August 2012

A wonderful stay .. hospitality, breakfast, accomodations, and ambiance all terrific. An ideal place for us to spend our 40th wedding anniversary! We liked the little touches .. we stayed in the Porcupine Hollow Suite and the tissue boxes were little bird houses .. all of the information we needed for our activities was provided (tips on where to put in the kayaks, where to dine, etc.). All in all, we were very pleased with our selection and Bonnie's and Bill's efforts!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This lovely inn, run by a friendly, warm, and interesting couple for 28 years, was really perfect. The rooms are attractive, spotless, and well appointed, but not too fussy or "twee." My friend and I shared a double room and the bathroom was quite spacious.The surroundings are peaceful and green (I believe the property is about 50 rolling, green acres), and the inn is very near a plethora of Squam Lake activities. The innkeepers provided us with excellent recommendations for activities and dining, and were warm and friendly hosts. Breakfast both mornings was delicious and generous. The inn is conveniently located near several charming old villages, and is about twenty minutes from Meadowbrook Pavillion, a terrific venue for all manner of concerts (we saw a great Jackson Browne show a few days ago, and last summer I enjoyed a Lucinda Williams show there). I summer in Vermont every year, and love concerts at Meadowbrook, so this inn is a WONDERFUL New Hampshire "home" for me!

Room Tip: My room was facing the beautiful back yard of the property, and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rambler052
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I had no idea what sort of place my sister had booked for us to celebrate our mother's 85th birthday other than the pictures at Bonnie and Bill's website; after all, pictures can be 'cheated' and deceptive. Well, the pix lived up to my highest expectations! The Inn is warm, welcoming and homey, and it is immaculately clean, although I saw no sign of anyone doing any cleaning (they must have elves on their staff). The breakfasts were delicious, and since two of my family were actively trying to lose weight, our hosts went out of their way to be sure there were selections that helped us stay on our plans, above and beyond the call of duty of any ordinary inn.
The Inn is conveniently located nearby many local attractions and dining spots, and yet I was unaware of any street noises while in my room, even though it faced the 'main drag'. We all enjoyed sitting out on the spacious screened front porch, and I especially appreciated the unexpected 'turndown' service with a small mint and a funny drawing on my pillow each night.
I hope to be able to visit the Inn in the future, and I heartily recommend it with no hesitation to anyone who has reason to visit this area.

Room Tip: Our family of five adults took over the three rooms on the second floor, and each of the rooms was s...
1  Thank Becks999
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Inn on Golden Pond, and had a whole wing of the inn to ourselves. It was wonderful to have our own suite of rooms to wander around in, and visit with everyone. The innkeepers are delightful, the accomodations comfortable, spacious, and clean. We would go there again the next time we have plans to stay at a B&B in New England. I'll bet the fall would be beautiful at the inn and on the lake!

1  Thank Alicole
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I have stayed here for several summers and feel so very lucky to have found this gem. Holderness on Squam Lake is delightful .... and the Inn on Golden Pond equally delightful. Breakfast is awesome. Each room is unique -- and most importantly for me, immaculate, roomy, comfortable. Old fashioned but everything is updated and functional, including working wifi! TV in common room, not in guest rooms, I read more that way! Best part are the other guests and especially the owners, Bonnie and Bill. They really do make you feel like you're home. Bonus - short 10 minute walk to a great "picnic table" local lobster roll, onion rings and homemade ice cream hangout on Squam Lake.

1  Thank Carla G
Busyinnkeepers, Owner at Inn on Golden Pond, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thanks so much for your kind comments Carla. It's always great to see you! Your favorite room that you've chosen every year doesn't have a television, but 5 out of our 8 rooms now have flat screen TV's. Isn't it nice though that in your room you can sit and read and not be tempted to connect to the rest of the world?

Reviewed 19 July 2012

We were at Squam Lake for a family gathering, and this was recommended to us. We now strongly recommend it to others!!! When we first approached the inn, we thought it may be "old"....well, yes, "old", but in a very good way! It has been up-dated very tastefully and is very modern in all the comfort-factors!! It was very clean, warm, hospitable, comfortable, and welcoming. We were warmly greeted by Bill & Bonnie, yet also had the feeling of privacy! The breakfast was presented so beautifuuly , we felt very "cared-for". We particularly enjoyed the suite called "Porcupine Hollow." We would definitely like to return! It may be important to note that although the surrounding land is beautifully kept, it is not directly on the lake.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the "Porcupine Hollow".
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holderness
Common Man Inn & Spa
#1 of 3 in Holderness
Center Harbor Inn
Center Harbor Inn
#1 of 3 in Center Harbor

Been to Inn on Golden Pond? Share your experiences!