“off the beaten path, yet very accessible to everything!”

Perry's Motel & Cottages
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
here
“off the beaten path, yet very accessible to everything!”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This was a very nice place to stay. being close to Storyland, Santa's Village. Excellent place to stay with children, wonderful play area, swimming pool, fenced in. Pool was very clean. But the best thing no traffic noise!!! My four year old great granddaughter had a ball playing on the wonderful jungle gym. The people were very nice and helpful.
You are also very near restaurants.
We, my daughter and I were looking for a nice quite, clean place to stay, away from the hussle and bussle of the places we visited, guess what we found it!
Would I stay here again, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!

PS THANKS FOR KEEPIN MY PILLOW!

lVera D

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank zia1925

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Milford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I picked Perry's Motel & Cottages, sight unseen, as it said it was very kid friendly. And it was. I stayed there with my 7 year old grandson, and he loved the place. It is an older motel but very clean & well maintained. They have a smallish swimming pool and 2 playgrounds. One is just for toddlers, up to five years old, and another one for all.

It is close to Story Land and a number of other attractions in the Mount Washington Valley.

Room Tip: I can only speak about the motel rooms, but the cottages looked well maintained as well.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bob F
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited Perry's last Friday and I must say that my kids love it more and more. I've been coming to Perry's for the last three years and I've seen lots of changes. For example, they updated the TVs in the motel rooms to 39" flat screens this year.

While we were visiting, the staff was more than happy to provide anything that we needed. The manager, Vickie, was extremely nice and overall we didn't have any problems.

The main reason that we come here is because my children love the quiet and well kept grounds. They especially love the two separate playgrounds (one for the older kids and one for the toddlers and babies) and also the big pool. Perry's is, from how I see it, the only one with a playground in the North Conway area. I'm not sure if there are any motels with this kind of 'luxury' for the kids in this area. Anyways, at night we would light up the campfire and they loved that as well, while we made s'mores. And I must say that if my kids are happy, then I'm happy. I look for comfort for my kids and that's exactly what we got at Perry's.

I was sad that I couldn't book a cottage, but I should've known better to call earlier for a reservation. The motel rooms were nice and I liked the new TVs I mentioned earlier.

Overall, my family and I had a wonderful time and I recommend it for all the families with little children.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jackie H
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I will start by saying we stayed here a year ago, so maybe things have improved.

We had two cottages for six adults and two children. The cottages are SMALL.

I woke up in the morning with massive welts on my neck from mosquitos in the bedroom. The rooms were musty and the pool area when we were there was dirty.

I will say, the playground was ok for the kids.

We had a question for the owner one morning, and he was less than helpful and seemed annoyed that we had any questions for him.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Carolyn R

Travellers are raving about these Intervale hotels

Maine
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My sister and I stayed at this motel with our young children before a trip to Story Land. The place was very clean and welcoming for families. There is a nice new playground, a pool and a smaller toddler playground. The rooms were clean, especially the showers. There was AC in our room (I assume in all the rooms) and a flat screen TV. It is a little dated when compared to more modern hotels. However, it suited our needs well and was very reasonably priced. I recommend this as a great place for families.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Teresa S
Lewiston, Maine
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stumbled upon Perry's as we were searching for last minute accommodations on Memorial Day weekend. This was the first place we saw on Rt. 16A, and it looked nice enough, with small cottages out front and a row of motel rooms in the back. Very friendly and helpful staff, which is nice.

While we had hoped for a cottage, they were all booked, so we settled for a room. The room was clean, with a nice flat screen tv, comfy bed, a couch and table, dressers. The bathroom was clean too, though I understand the plumbing is a bit old. It looked like the room had been renovated relatively recently. No crazy smells, even though smoking is allowed outside the room. There's a nice playground for the kids, a pool during the warmer months, and even a fire pit.

Perry's is a comfortable place for one or two nights.

My only complaint is the lack of really secure locks on the seemingly flimsy door. While I'm sure the area is fairly safe, it's still a tourist town, so I like to be safe rather than sorry.

Had I traveled a bit further down the road, we might have stayed at one of the other motel/cottages. Still, I have no regrets staying at Perry's.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris C
Mascouche, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We were in NH for shopping, this hotel was the only one we could find vacancy at the last minute. Once we got there... We understood why. We were in the room section behind the reception building... We arrived late at night and had to follow a scary dark path to reach our room. The room was big with 2 double beds, a nice big and clean bathroom (at least), a huge wardrobe and an enormous noisy fridge in the middle of the room. Obviously that room was vacancy for a while... Bugs ... Spiders in the wardrobe, dirty carpet ... Name it!
The staff was great, very customer oriented. We arrived late at night and the front desk employee was kindly waiting for us. She gave us a booklet for saving at the Conway Outlet.
The place is nice with a pool (icy water), BBQ available, playground and lots of kids. This is the kind of place were every ones meet in the night around a fire. If you are looking for an intime weekend this is not a place I would reccommand. We were there for a shopping spray weekend so the place was just OK since all we needed was a bed and a shower.
There is coffee in the morning (free) but no restaurant for meal available at the motel.
However we had a very nice meal at Tuckerman's just few minutes drive from the Perry's.
In a nutshell, we will not go back to this place but if you are looking for a place were kids can enjoy outdooring, this may be a good place for you ... But don't expect luxurious and intimity.

Room Tip: If the only room available is the one behind the coffee building ... Just go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank A_Wolrd_to_See
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Bartlett Inn
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Colonial Motel
Colonial Motel
#2 of 24 in North Conway

Been to Perry's Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!