“A hidden GEM in the Jackson area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Perry's Motel & Cottages

Perry's Motel & Cottages
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
bristol
“A hidden GEM in the Jackson area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

The cleanliness and comfort in the condo unit is just the best value anyone could ask for.. There are 2 bedrooms, 1 with a king and the second with 2 twin beds, a full kitchen and stand up shower with a heated floor. The best part was when I walked in and saw the beehive stove with a gas fireplace, how cozy and comfortable this unit is just tucked in intervale NH on a quiet road. When I was leaving I noticed the fire ring and said " I have to come back here after a day of hiking with friends. The unit also has a grill for your use and a pool and children play area. This truly is a hidden GEM that needs to be discovered by all.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank hike2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2009

very expensive $200 for such a little tiny messy room.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank climer

Travellers are raving about these Intervale hotels

CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

We were pleasantly surprised when we opened the doors to the destination of our three night stay! Very clean, spacious and just what a mom with 5 young adults needed! We were able to sit at the table to eat and play games at night and we all had our own space. The pool was clean and available during the day for our use. There was a charcoal grill and table and chairs to sit outside. The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes and utensils, refrigerator and stove. TV 's in 2 rooms - all were happy! Close to town and area attractions. Great value and great memories!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank lifesalongsong
ckmontgomery1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

I have spent several years travelling to North Conway and every year have stayed at Perry's. The kids love it- I have always recommended to others and they have loved it. Its convenient to so many NH sites, and its a GREAT family place- parents can relax watching the kids from their cottages. Wherever my kids are playing I feel I can see them and keep a close eye on them. I almost did not return this year due to the fact that the previous owners seemed to be more and more unhappy over the last couple years- and it was showing in many of their interactions with guests. I still showed up because I felt the positives all outweighed that- but- did discover upon arrival that there were new owners. They were great- very kind and helpful. My husband and I were both very pleased. They appear to be making many changes for the good so we are excited to see what next year will bring! See you next year!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ckmontgomery1
aslodi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

This was our 4th trip back to Perry's to the same cottage and as always we had a great time. I was also surprised that they had new owners but was actually relieved because the previous owners seemed burned out and weren't as nice as previous years. The new owners were great and very friendly. We always stay in cottage 20 with our 2 kids and it is so much better than a hotel room for the same money. You have two bedrooms a small living room, front porch, grill and picinic table. They also have a great pool and two playgrounds. If you are going to Storyland this is the place to stay.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank aslodi
Hooksett
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

I am the public adjuster representing Perry's Motel in this fire. With response to the guests complaints about Perry's being less than compassionate I can assure you that is not correct. They wanted to issue a refund. Where it's not really my place to do this I felt I had to. It should be noted the guest had stayed 2 days before the fire and after returning home requested the refund for those two days. The owners wanted to issue a refund to the guest but that simply could not be done without her insurance companies approval. If this had been done it would in effect admit liability for the fire on the part of the owners. I advised the insured not to do so and as a courtesy went to her insurance carrier and requested this refund. They felt as we do that our insured did not cause this fire and they would not pay. Fires are always a tragic event but my client has no choice in this matter. I apologise to the guest but we did what we could to make this work. These people are hard working people who would have done what they could to make the guset happy as they do for all guests.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank paas4you
Charlton, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

I had previously stayed at Perry's Motel & Cottages on 3 different occasions over the last 5 years. So when I booked our stay this year I was very excited. I was very surprised when we checked in to find that there were new owners. This information was not provided on the website or at the time of making the reservations.

We were staying July 6-9th in the Cottage (#14) we had rented on two previous occasions. On the 3rd night of our stay our cottage caught on fire while my son and I were in the cottage. The fire started by the hot water tank leaking propane. My son had just finished taking a shower when the fire started.

Needless to say we did not stay for the fourth night and asked for a refund. The owner did provide a refund for that night (not the night of the fire). When I returned home and was able to pull my thoughts together, I decided we really deserved a full refund since our vacation was completely ruined and we had to spend the entire next day of our vacation replacing all our clothes and bathroom items since we lost 90% of our belongings. The owner has refused to give us a refund for the other 3 nights since the first two nights were ok and on the night of the fire she put us up in "a more expensive room" (those were her words). I was really suprised at this comment since our cottage had just burned to the ground. I would hope she would put us up anywhere she had space available.

She keeps referring to her insurance company and and has involved a public insurance adjuster in the matter. I keep explaining to her and the public adjuster that I do not want to involve her insurance company in the refund. I feel it is a good business decision on her part to refund us the money especially since we are 4 year return customers and we could have lost our lives. This event was very tragic to my eight year old son.

The fire was almost 4 weeks ago and I have no resolution from the owners. The owner has made no efforts to accomodate us for our inconvience unless you call giving us a box of Lucky Charms and milk the morning after the fire accomodating!!! I would think a full refund and an offer of a future discounted stay would be appropriate. I can be sure that I will never return to Perry's nor recommend it to any friends or family.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank lallain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Bartlett Inn
#5 of 12 in Bartlett
Attitash Mountain Village
Attitash Mountain Village
#3 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Perry's Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!