“good for xcountry skiers”
Review of Glen Oaks Inn

Glen Oaks Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Intervale B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“good for xcountry skiers”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Generous breakfast, plenty of places to relax at the end, or beginning, of the day. The front enclosed porch is bright and sunny with a gas fireplace that toasts the room. Great to sit out there, warm and cosy, looking at snow. The entry is Victorian, lovely and welcoming. This is not upscale, but it's friendly. It's an old building, with a long history. The room we had was pleasant, bright and comfortable and clean. The carpet showed its age, but was clean. Not a complaint, just know what to expect. Some rooms have bathrooms across the hall. Overall, a good value. Bonus: Passes that waive the trail fee for x-country skiing at Great Glen (base of Mt. Washington). Ask in advance, when you book.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The inn keeper was rude and unprofessional with my wife from the initial reservation. When she called to reschedule, which was well in advance of the reservation, she was met with apparent frustration by the inn keeper who was barely accommodating. My wife is very hard to upset, so when she told me that she did not even want to stay at this place due to the inn keeper, I knew there was a major problem.

Due to unforeseen work demands, I had to reschedule a second time in which I called to speak with the inn keeper myself. I immediately saw what my wife was describing. Even after I apologized for the inconvenience, she was overtly rude and completely inflexible, complaining that the cost of the voucher was so low that she can't keep moving reservations around regardless of if she has availability or not. I travel extensively for my job, and have never experienced this level of indigence with any hotel I have stayed in, let alone a B&B which is suppose to epitomize hospitality.

From the pictures and posts by other guests, it appears to be a nice B&B, but so are many others in the area, all of which I'm sure have a much more warm and inviting presence than this one. Bottom line, its okay to disregard one or two negative posts about the same thing, but when you see numerous ones its a good idea to take heed...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Earnell K
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband, son, and I stayed here for a leaf-peeping trip in mid-October. We had a great stay. We stayed in Room 6, which had enough room for an air mattress provided for my 6 year-old son. I don't really understand some of the negative reviews here. Mitch and Linda were super nice and very helpful with planning our activities. Mitch told us about the local hiking paths and waterfalls, one of which we visited and really liked a lot (Diana's Bath). It's true the place could perhaps use some updating, but what else do you really expect from a B&B? The charm is in the antique feel of the place. And the breakfasts were awesome! Portions were huge and everything was delicious. We had so much each morning that we barley needed to have lunch. One morning they served raspberry white chocolate scones that were to die for. My son, who is a picky eater, still talks about them! We would definitely stay here again. It was a great bargain for the area during peak season.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank taraujo0672
Watertown, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband & I stayed at the Inn through a deal with Travel Zoo. The inn is clean & comfortable. While not a 5 star inn, the price we paid was a good value. It is located away from the town of North Conway but close enough to go into town or to go further North to visit other towns. Linda & Mitch are very welcoming & were very helpful with recommendations where to eat or places of interest to visit. The bed and room was small and cozy but it was very comfortable. The breakfast was good and varied. Raspberry scones that Linda baked were to die for. You could stay at a much pricier inn with the all the added frills but if you are looking for a comfortable, inviting Inn, then
Glenn Oaks is the place to stay. Linda & Mitch have quite a burden as caretakers of such a large
Inn & they did a great job of making our stay a lovely experience.

Room Tip: Chose room with gas fireplace.
Fal River
Reviewed 29 October 2013

If you want a grade A experience for a wonderful getaway then take a trip to Intervale,NH. Mitch & Linda couldn't have been more gracious as hosts. Breakfast was delicious homemade to order and served with friendliness and some helpful hints on what the day could hold. We highly recommend this B&B for a great stay!!!

2 Thank RetirePaul
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I purchased a 2 night stay at this B&B. However,a situation arose where we could not drive up there from the Cape. I called the the Inn to try to work something out! The manager there was rude and clearly had no idea of what customer service was! We were open to changing our dates to another night or even having a 3rd person stay with us and we would pay an extra Fee. She wasn't even willing to work with us or give us any options. I will be calling Travel Zoo to get my money back. There are much nicer places to spend your money! Buyer Beware

Ron S

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Ron S
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at this lovely Bed and Breakfast Inn at Intervale near North Conway. The entrance was well decorated with Pumpkin and Harvest decorations at this time of year. The hosts were very welcoming and were a fount of knowledge should you have any queries on what you would like to visit. The room was clean and comfortable with everything we needed. Breakfasts were very good and their was always a choice of two options. Evening meals were easy at the Tuckerman restaurant next door - walking distance. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this Inn.

1 Thank George C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Bartlett Inn
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Cranmore Inn
Cranmore Inn
#1 of 21 in North Conway

Been to Glen Oaks Inn? Share your experiences!