“Expected better for the money”
Review of New England Inn

and 1 more site!
New England Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
A TripAdvisor Member
“Expected better for the money”
Reviewed 2 December 2003

The wife and I spent the Thanksgiving weekend in one of the new log cabins. I was disapointed with the bed covers. The blanket smelled like it was never washed. Room was clean but I couldn't get over the lack of detail for a premium price.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 1 December 2003

I can't believe that the woman from Rochester can be talking about the incredible place I had my Thanksgiving weekend in, with my brother and sister-in-law! The inn itself is picturesque and well kept up, and the six meals that were included with our package were just wonderful! We stayed in the lodge across the street, and both rooms had king beds and gas fireplaces, which made for a remarkably homey Thanksgiving! Our only disappointment was the the jacuzzi cabins were all taken when we booked... I can't say enough good about the place, and again, I have no idea what the other reviewer was talking about! Do yourself a favor and GO!

• Stayed November 2003
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 October 2003

My husband & I stayed in a room inside the Main Inn. The sheets were stained and they were changed three times to no avail. The water from both the sink & tub came out dark brown. (Iron build up?) One outlet & that was found under the headboard of the bed with an extention cord for everything else. ( Hairdryer & etc. ) Had to crawl under the bed to reach it! Which kept coming unplugged. The carpet was mauve but looked more like a light gray or black around the edges. The room smelled dirty & musty. The shower wasn't high so you had to duck down under the water. When someone else used water the hot went cold and visa versa.
We had to literally body slam our bedroom door to open it. We were overlooking the roof and wires ran everywhere. The common room was suppose to have a T. V. as they advertise but there wasn't one we had to go to the Tavern . Again, we stayed only in the Main Inn so we can't speak of the rest of the place. However its not a place we'd ever visit again or recommend.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
The Wentworth
#5 of 25 in North Conway
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#3 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to New England Inn? Share your experiences!