“Great choice for lodging....clean and super cozy”
Review of New England Inn

and 1 more site!
New England Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed at New England Inn 2 weekends ago and it was one of the most relaxing weekends away that we have enjoyed in quite some time. We stayed in the lodge and it had such an appealing atmosphere with the log structure and wildlife mounts. There is a common living room with a gorgeous fireplace and a few sitting areas. The moose mount was incredible. Check in was great and the staff is extremely professional and friendly. The rooms are very spacious with a stone/gas log fireplace, love seat, coffee table and corner desk. Lots of room. The room was impeccably clean. It seemed brand new. Bathroom was spacious and up to date. Soap and shampoo are provided (enough for a weekend). The Tavern is just across the street. You can easily walk to meals and the food was great. Muscles were excellent. The Tavern is a log structure, as well. And it was a pretty amazing and cozy restaurant. There is a complimentary continental breakfast that is served in the main lodge and the dining room is cozy. Yogurt, pastries, cereal, coffee, and juices. I am looking forward to staying here again. It's super clean, has a very appealing atmosphere, and I'm not certain but I think the lodge is a kid free zone. Great idea for those who need a break from little ones. Great choice for lodging.

Room Tip: I loved the lower floor. when coming out of the room we entered a huge living room and it was so pre...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We got a log cabin (the Hermit cabin) for a couple days over NYE. Cabin was adorable, and had a jacuzzi and fireplace. We had arranged for champagne to be in the cabin upon arrival and it was perfectly placed (and delicious). We had a slight hiccup with the online booking, but Carol and Gary were great about it. Liz checked us in at the front desk and was very friendly.

Two small notes...

*The walls to the bathroom don't go all the way to the ceiling (stop about 3/4 of the way up). Not a big deal, but as a heads up to shy people...

*There were a bunch of cobwebs in one upper corner of the bathroom. The rest of the place looked spotless, so I imagine it was just missed. I'm sure if I had mentioned it, they would have had someone take care of it.

All around, everything was wonderful and we would definitely come back here.

Room Tip: The log cabin was very up to date and nice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meghan B
Gary R, General Manager at New England Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

Meghan, we're very happy you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our guests' comfort so please let us know of any concerns immediately. Some of the cabins do have bathroom walls that don't go all the way up to the ceiling - stopping about 8-9 feet high. If anyone is making a reservation and is uncomfortable with this please let us know - we will try to change your log cabin to one that has full height walls. If one is not available we will try to supply some alternatives that may be more comfortable. Thank you for your review Meghan and we hope to see you again (with no hiccups!)

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Rented a log cabin and couldn't have been happier! We thought the cabin was beautiful.
It was quiet, clean, there was an amazing fireplace and sitting area. I am a customer of the Tavern, it was nice to have a restaurant so close.

Making my reservation was easy and they were very accomodating. We can't wait to go back again!!

Room Tip: The rooms seem to have roughly the same amenities, depends on how much room your looking for.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My husband and I enjoyed two wonderful days in the White Mountains this weekend at the New England Inn.....We had been here before, and could not wait to return. The first time we stayed here we chose a deluxe cabin which had a beautiful gas fieldstone fireplace, and a jacuzzi tucked into the cornor.... I had called to make the reservations a few weeks ahead and spoke with Carol who was more than helpful, explaining all the room options and prices, which by the way are very reasonable. I chose a deluxe suite in the lodge on the second floor which also had a beautiful gas fieldstone fireplace, and a jacuzzi tucked into the cornor. It was immaculate, and spacious, with a separate bedroom, and a king size bed, and another door in the bedroom leading to a balcony...We arrived at 1pm and we were greeted by Gary. He welcomed us, answered our questions, gave us tips, and we were so pleasantly surprised to check in early as our unit was ready..Gary felt more like family than the "General Manager"......We unpacked, took a ride to Jackson, returned to our suite, then dinned at the Tuckerman's Tavern which is right on site! And this place is hoppin! We arrived a little after 7 and had a 45 min wait, but after about 10 minutes we managed to find a couple seats in the bar area. Many locals, so you know the food is good!!! Great menu, lots of choices, we had burgers and beer, and all was delish!!!! And now the mystery....When we shut everything off and went to bed....there was "the buzz" Yup! "the buzz" that wouldn't go away.. ha ha...it was between a wall. Hubby called the # given if any problems, "the maintenance guy" right?. He arrived very shortly, and was checking everything out, being most apologetic, and offered us another room close by.... so we left our stuff, and slipped into the new room, and slept very well in this beautiful log room with gas fieldstone fireplace. The next day we were offered a private cabin just like the one we enjoyed on our first stay, as well as a very generous "we are sorry for your inconvenience" gift....Come to find out the "maintenance man" was the owner! And we can't say enough about how wonderful Chet treated us. We had a fabulous weekend, and without a doubt will stay at the New England Inn everytime we head to the White Mountains. PS..Chet and my husband were so curious as to what "the buzz" was, that Chet actually called this afternoon to inform him of the outcome!!!! Chet, thank you so much, really appreciated your kindness and generousosity! Wonderful staff, accomodations, delicious restaurant on site, and a nice cozy inn style light breakfast included!!!! Like I said, "A Perfect Gift" to give yourself! Go! You'll love it!

Room Tip: Well on this trip we actually stayed in three different... suite/room/cabin, and so hard to decide...
2  Thank Cathy G
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My husband Frank wanted to do something special for me for my 60th birthday. Boy did he deliver !! The New England Inn was the perfect place for us. Liz, Carol and Gary the Inn keeper went out of their way to make us feel special. One evening I had a chance to chat with Dale one of the owners and He made me feel like I'd know him all my life. I could see the pride in his face when he spoke about the Inn and it's future. We stayed in one of the log cabins and it was perfect. The gas fireplace was awesome and the jacuzzi was amazing.There was even a blow dryer and toiletries. We will definitely be back.I highly recommend this piece of heaven to everyone. One more thing..........the food at Tuckerman's was sensational !!!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

This was our first time staying at the Inn and we loved it! Very ROOMY log cabin, we stayed in the 'Beaver Dam' cabin and ordered the 'romantic package' which included dinner at the Tuckerman's one night and a bottle of champagne upon arrival. Loved the fact that there was a very cozy sitting area in front of the fireplace and the lighting was perfect for the type of accomodations. All furniture from the tables to the quilt on the bed very appropriate. LOVE the high ceilings giving you that much more of a roomy feel! Once we actually 'read' the manual and figured out that the housekeeping was upon request we were all set. There is also a sign at the front desk that I noticed upon checkout. I normally am not one to read the 'information' guide so was lost the first day when no one came to make up the bed and straighten out. Once we did see this though I commend them for trying to save as much on the environment as possible. The ONLY thing I would change, and this is very minute, the TV...to a flat screen, I know that it may take a bit as there may be many to change out, but this is not a turning point for me, definitely. A return trip will be in order!

Room Tip: If you are on a 'romantic' getaway, definitely choose one of the log cabins, very quiet and...
1  Thank crisbiss
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I have been here twice, the frist time we stayed in the actual Inn. Really old rooms with a lot of character. After seeing some of the other rooms I knew if I were to come back i would stay elsewhere. Luckily the next time I came i got bumped up to the Log Cabins...What an amazing stay...the place was clean, fire place was amazing, and the staff we're extra friendly. There is a pub right on site which carries all my favorite beers, and is a perfect place to have dinner/drinks after a long day out hiking, shopping and peeping. I will be coming here again!

Room Tip: If you can stay in one of the log cabins!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Bartlett Inn
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale

Been to New England Inn? Share your experiences!