“Horrible Front Desk Receptionist!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of New England Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
New England Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
Intervale, New Hampshire
“Horrible Front Desk Receptionist!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was at the New England Inn today. A couple was at the desk, so I sat in a chair with my toddler. Then another couple came in and she served them ahead of me. And AGAIN - another customer came in and she served her ahead of me. I was there to visit the pool. It's available through the White Mountain Aquatic Center and runs by "donations accepted." They also have scholarship programs for those how need assistance. I had been at the pool 2 other times and made donations. This time, when Liz the receptionist asked me for donation, I said that I would make one next time, that I was recently fired due to illegal discrimination. She said she had heard about that and asked me how that was relevant, that it costs a lot to run a pool. I explained that I didn' t have my regular income. I asked her if it was required to make a donation, that my understanding was donations accepted. She explained that it costs money to run a pool and is really expensive so I should make a donation and gave me the most unfriendly, unprofessional and cold reception. Having worked in customer service for years - I thought maybe she was just having a bad day. Was wondering if anyone else out there has had a bad experience with Liz. I hope the Aquatic Center moves somewhere else. She had such a bad attitude that I left and did not use the pool - which is totally against what the Aquatic Center is trying to accomplish. Funny thing is, my parents are coming to town for my birthday in two weeks and I was going to make a reservation for them- but after my experience with Liz - decided against it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank kate f

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was our 5th year at the New England Inn for our annual friends/family kayak weekend. We stayed in the lodge and as always it was fantastic. Beautiful rooms. Great staff. Nicely done continental breakfast.Fantastic location. Will see you again next year!

Room Tip: We've only stayed in the lodge on the bottom floor, rooms are large, very nice & quiet.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Good location, near many hikes, and we got a good price. The local inn (Tuckerman's) was decent, so you can get a good dinner at very short notice.

Cabins are a bit musty, the breakfast was mostly carbs and started late (began prep at the 8AM time for breakfast). Internet access was a bit spotty, and the bath/shower was new (very nice) and hard to figure out the first time...you may have to ask for instructions.

No cell phone reception (both a plus and a minus).

1 Thank Chris U
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed in the lodge part on the first floor and it was great. Nice have the fireplace in the room that we could use in the evening if it was chilly and we had access to side porch that I used to read every morning. It was very clean and the bathroom was huge. I would just have to get a room in the back next time because my husband and I are not morning people and even with the curtains closed the sun was so bright in the morning. You have to eat at their restaurant also. the lobster mac/cheese was awesome. The people that worked there were super friendly and great with suggestions if we asked. Definately coming back to stay here.

Room Tip: If you have no children definately ask to stay in the lodge or a cabin near the lodge.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stephanie m
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were recently in town for a 2 night stay for the Mt. Whittier Classic softball tournament in N. Conway. There was an entire softball team and their families that stayed. We all stayed in the cute cottages (we personally stayed in Crystal Lake). These are duplex/sidebyside style cottages. There was a living room area with a twin bed trundle bed and a master bedroom with a mini fridge. It is campy but very clean and well stocked with many trial size products.

The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. Gary is AMAZING !!! That man has a lot of energy!! He has worked there for quite some time and tell you the story of how the Inn belonged to a couple, they sold it, the person that purchased it let it go to foreclosure and then the original owners bought it back. The owners are very lucky to have someone like him working for them. You can tell he takes great pride in the place and works very hard to make sure everyone is happy and enjoys their stay.

The indoor pool is a good size and is 5ft deep at it's deepest end. There are water toys and floaties for the younger kids. There is a restaurant/tavern right on property called Tuckerman's. The menu is very extensive and the food and service was excellent. Prices are very reasonable. It was very nice after a long, hot day at the softball fields not to have to drive anywhere. There are cute little porches on the front of the cottages with chairs to sit in. We even had a fireplace in our room. Continental Breakfast is included in the very reasonable room rate. There was bagels, danish, numerous cereals, yogurts, juice, coffee and locally made blueberry muffins, lemon poppy seed bread and the most amazing homemade granola (we even bought some to take home).

I would HIGHLY recommend this Inn and will definitely book again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: You may want to consider bringing your own pillow. The pillows are very puffy and do not contour mu...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mccannclann
Halifax, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband did a last minute one night getaway to the White Mountains area on the July 4th weekend. We didn't make reservations anywhere and knew we might have a challenge getting a room at the last minute. We went to 3 motels/hotels and as expected they were all booked. The gentleman at the Golden Gables in No. Conway suggested we call New England Inn and inquire about a vacancy. Everything happens for a reason and boy did we find our little pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I needed a room with a bath tub and this is not always standard in local establishments. This inn went out of their way to confirm that the available lodging had what I needed. This lodging offers a variety of sleeping accommodations; cottages, log cabins, family suite cabins and a lodge across the street with individual rooms and more cabins. The prices at this time ranged from $149-$199, very reasonable for what you get. We chose a cottage that had a queen size bed, bathroom w/shower, a jacuzzi tub in the corner of the room, a large flat screen TV, nice comfortable sitting area, a small fridge, a coffee maker and free snacks. The cottage was immaculate; very clean, beautful, cozy environment; the wood work was very well constructed and gorgeous. There was a room air conditioner and a gas fireplace! It's a great place for a honeymoon getaway, whether it's your first or 25th! There's a restaurant/tavern on the premises. The food was great, the prices very reasonable, including the alcoholic beverages and the service was prompt and hospitable, Todd was wonderful. In the morning you get a free continental breakfast that includes home baked goods from muffins, danish, breads to cereals, yogurts, juices and all the coffee you want. We stayed one night and it killed me to have to leave. We are scheduled to take vacation again in September and we will be reserving a room in the lodge for at least a couple of nights. My husband and I are so thrilled with the experience at this wonderful place and the great people that work and own it. I can't say enough about it! They are not on the main road so not everyone knows about them due to lack of visibility. The nice thing about that is you're not in the heart of traffic especially on the weekends and holidays.

Room Tip: They all look beautful and are clean. I think the cottages but if you want more room, the cabins ar...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eileen C
Concord, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here with several families during the Mount Washington Valley Softball team. The area is so peaceful. We enjoyed the pool, the rooms were spacious and comfortable. There are so many little things that made the stay special like the free continental breakfast the little treats left in all the rooms, the fabulous restaurant on site (Tuckermans) but above all, the hospitality of EVERYONE at the New England Inn is unmatched. They are a special group and they made our stay memorable We will be booking next year even if we do not have a tournament, just to return and enjoy another stay. Thank you, for everything! Jayne

1 Thank Jayne Y
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Lodge at Jackson Village
#5 of 24 in North Conway
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,227 reviews
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway

Been to New England Inn? Share your experiences!